Need Crew and Help for the Marblehead NOOD this weekend

  • Dan Tucker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2006
      Hi all,

      We're trying to find 1 crew for Scot Whitman, a disabled sailor from NJ, sailing a SKUD-18 in the Marblehead NOOD, for Friday. Last weekend he won the Martin 16 Nationals in Newport with his regular crew. Six bullets in 10 races, he doesn't suck...

      If you're booked, can you think of anyone? Pretty fast, easy, comfy boat to sail, athletic on spinnaker hoists and douses, but you never get out of your seat..., you won't come home bruised and battered like you would on most keelboats!  SKUD = SKiff Universal Design, it's designed as a boat for everyone to sail, while being a performance, planing boat. Asymmetrical sprit boat.

      We also need a few people on the dock at the Boston YC to help the sailors rig their boats and get aboard in the mornings, and unrig and get out in the afternoons. Estimated times we could use a couple of volunteers are:
      Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM

      Friday & Saturday 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM

      Sunday 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM
      Sunday, there are 3 boats that will need to take their masts down and haul their boats.

      Please give us a call at home, 781.639.0777 or on my mobile 781.799.8132 or Maureen's mobile 781.632.6363 if you have any crew leads or know someone who may be able to help out on the dock.

      Thanks!

      Dan Tucker