Re: charts on-line

  • gb7107
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 16, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      Quick point re: charts followed by an introduction:

      Charts: I bought MapTech's chartkit this year and have been very
      happy using the companion CD they include with it. Basically,
      electronic versions of all the charts in the chartkit, with a "lite"
      version of their software that allows me to plan trips, waypoint by
      waypoint, and then download it to my GPS.

      Introduction: Have been a lurker for a couple of months now.
      Really love the list, great to see all the "permanent residents"
      helping out people with answers, etc.

      Have been sailing off and on since I was "but a wee lad." Most of
      my sailing has been on the cruising boats at the Boston Harbor
      Sailing Club, where I am currently a member (Albin 28 / Scampi 30
      mostly for me, with some Pearson 26 and Cal 39 thrown in for
      variety). Really got back into it last year, and am so glad that I
      did! Bunch of sails around Massachusetts, as far north as Rockport
      and south as Block Island / Long Island.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone on the water at some point...
      I'm the idiot who loves to wave at all the passing boats (although
      sometimes powerboaters don't get all five fingers!) :)

      Thanks Bill for a great list!

      Craig