MassBaySailors Catalina 36's

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 25, 2006
      Greg,

      My guess is that a 1986 C36 would sell for $45k to $57k ish.

      My friend and a MassBaySailor and WYC member "Ahmet" owns a 1984 C36.  E-Mail him and ask him some questions.  Also, most of the links I gave you for the C30 are relative to a C36 too.

      Ahmet Buharali  ahmet@...

      Greg and Kathleen Thompson <pacyna@...> wrote:
      Bill,

      Actually, I was interested in the value of a 1986 Catalina 36.  The boat is in good, well cared for condition.  The main fully battened main is about 6 years old.  It has one head sail – a 155 Genoa on a furler this is probably at least 10 years old.  Electronics: in addition to the usual, it has an autopilot and GPS (no radar).   Interior is clean, upholstery is the dark blue (not earth tone plad) and in good condition but, probably original.  Galley has pressure hot and cold water, alcohol stove and oven, ice box (no refrigeration).  On deck, it has a bimini and dodger in good condition, self tailing winches (probably original), bright work has been well cared for, lines appear in good condition, cockpit has a folding table at the helm and cockpit cushions.  The hull appears clean.  The boat is in good condition.

      What do people ask for these in this are?  What do they ultimately get sold for?

      Thanks,
      Greg Thompson

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 26, 2006
        http://bucnet.com has used boat pricing.  It gives the price at $26K to $29K.
      • Mike Long
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 26, 2006
          Iran bucnet and got different results aroun 45 k.

          --- In MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Needalman"
          <b.needalman@...> wrote:

          > http://bucnet.com has used boat pricing. It gives the price at $26K
          > $29K.

        • Greg and Kathleen Thompson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 26, 2006

            Mike,

            What assumptions are included in the BUC value as a base line: condition, equipment, electronics, etc.

            Thanks,

            Greg Thompson

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 27, 2006
              At 26 -29 K I'll get 10 of them.
              It does not seem like they know what they are publishing, if that is the price
              Ahmet

              Barry Needalman <b.needalman@...> wrote:
              http://bucnet.com has used boat pricing.  It gives the price at $26K to $29K.

            • Barry Needalman
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 27, 2006
                I must have put in the wrong model or some other wrong info into bucnet since I don't know the boat.

                The value the site gives for my own boat seems reasonable, maybe a little high.  They don't say how the value is calculated, but hopefully it is based on recent sales.  Like cars, boat prices fall with age.  Thus prices from past sales might be higher that what can be expected today.

                Unlike cars, boat condition and equipment varies a great deal from boat to boat.  Some people buy a boat and let it sit at the dock with little use or maintenance.  Others spend thousands of dollars and untold hours of labor every year.

              • thefrencha@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 27, 2006
                  I always noticed that prices on bucnet are largely under estimated compared to yachtworld
                  So it really depends if you are a buyer or a seller I guess ;)

                  Allorshas
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 27, 2006
                    "I" originally confused the string when I thought Greg was first asking about Catalina 30's ..