Senate Moves to Send HB4500 to Committee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2006
      Save The Brewsters <savethebrewsters@...> wrote:
      From: "Save The Brewsters" <savethebrewsters@...>
      To: "Save The Brewsters" <savethebrewsters@...>
      Subject: Update: Senate Moves to Send HB4500 to Committee
      Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:21:46 -0400

      SAVE THE BREWSTERS

      News from Save the Harbor Save the Bay and also from Rep. Garrett Bradley* that the Mass. State Senate has moved to refer HB 4500 to a committee comprised of the Joint Committee on Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy, and the Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture. According to Bruce Berman of Save the Harbor, "Both Senate Chairs of the Committee, Senator Michael Morrissey and Senator Pam Resor, publicly oppose HB4500, which would permit AES energy to site the nation's largest LNG terminal and depot on Outer Brewster Island in the Boston Harbor Islands National Park. Earlier this year more than 1/3 of the members of both houses signed letters in opposition to the bill, which would require a 2/3 vote to pass.It has also been reported in the press that the Commission on LNG Siting in Massachusetts may issue its report as early as next week. The coalition and our many allies in the House and the Senate will continue to work to defend the integrity of our national park."  Rep. Bradley said it's still unclear whether the House will concur with the Senate. We'll keep you updated.

      *STOP BY THE CAMPAIGN KICKOFF FOR GARRETT BRADLEY NEXT WEEK
      Rep. Garrett Bradley is having a fundraiser kickoff event next Thursday, June 29th, from 6-8pm at Toscas in Hingham. Feel free to stop by and thank Garrett for all the work he's done and continues to do to help Outer Brewster remain a national park and recreation area. (The suggested donation is $50 per person, but donations in any denomination will be gratefully appreciated.)
      Save The Brewsters
      savethebrewsters.org – savethebrewsters@...
      26 Vautrinot Ave., Hull, MA 02045 - 781-925-6167

      Do you Yahoo!?