Re: [MassBaySailors] Recreational Boating Panel Survey

  • Joe Myerson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2006
      This isn't a joke.

      Ed Mahoney is definitely for real. He's an economist at Michigan State who knows more about the economic impact of recreational boating than anybody else in the country. I heard him give a fascinating presentation to the Mass. Maritime Trades Association a couple of years ago.

      Joe Myerson

      On May 18, 2006, at 11:51 AM, Bill Scanlon wrote:

      This is real folks, I used my coupon last year

      Bill

      Dear Boater,

      Last December you completed a Web-based survey for us and at the time indicated a willingness to complete additional surveys during the course of the 2006 boating season.

      This survey will take about 10-15 minutes. It includes questions about: (1) the number and type of boats you currently own, (2) whether you boated in April and if so how much did you spend on your last boating trip, (3) whether you spent anything on repairs, maintenance or accessories in April and, (4) whether and if higher fuel prices is impacting your boating.

      Everyone who completes a survey will automatically receive a coupon for $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase at West Marine stores – one the survey sponsors. If you have any questions, please contact us at rmrc@..., or you can call (517.432.0286) Monday- Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Eastern Time).

      Please click here to start the survey:

      http://www.rmrcadvisorypanel.com/s1a.asp?pid=Catalina30Ruby@...

      Dr. Ed Mahoney
      Co-Director
      Recreation Marine Research Center at Michigan State University
      mahoneye@...

      Boating sailing Sailing cruising Boating safety
      Sailing Boat gear

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS