Community Boating asks for your assistance for our Summer Camp

    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2006
      Norman Priebatsch <Norman@...> wrote:
      Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:38:51 -0400
      From: "Norman Priebatsch" <Norman@...>
      Subject: Community Boating asks for your assistance for our Summer Camp
      To: <Catalina30Ruby@...>

      Can you help Community Boating replace our top auction item?  Because of a change in ownership we have lost the annual donation of a week’s sailing on a crewed yacht, the Arabesque.  We are desperately seeking another generous owner who will donate a week on their yacht to help fund our Summer Camp on the Charles River in Boston.

      Founded in 1946, CBI is the oldest and largest community sailing program in the nation. Central to CBI’s programs is providing opportunity for children from the greater metropolitan Boston area to sail, windsurf, and kayak, all for a nominal cost of $1. By eliminating both economic and social barriers to sailing, CBI has become a true melting pot for children from all neighborhoods and communities. We frequently hear from CBI’s junior program alumni that they learned to sail with kids from different backgrounds, and made life long friendships. Our junior sailors experience this every summer. A small sailboat is a powerful environment for breaking down social boundaries and creating a culture of community.

      Our annual auction takes place on Wednesday June 21.  Supporters at this auction have bid up to $10,000 for the week’s vacation.  We have also achieved considerable publicity for the Arabesque in past years.  A donation of a week on an un-crewed smaller boat would also be appreciated.

      Do you know of any sympathetic owners that might be interested in helping support this worthwhile program?   If yes please forward me contact information.

      Sincerely,

      Norman Priebatsch

      Phone: 617-308-0078
      Email: Norman@...