Important Coalition Meeting and Quick Update

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2006
      I will be attending tomorrow's very important meeting.

      Subject: Important Coalition Meeting and Quick Update
      Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:51:55 -0400
      From: "Lauren Thirer" <thirer@...>

      To the members of the Coalition:
      As you know, on Thursday, the House discharged HB 4500 from study, and referred it to the Committee on Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy, co-chaired by the bill's chief sponsor, Rep. Brian Dempsey. Should the Senate vote to concur with the House, the bill could come to the floor at any time for a vote without any further public hearings or discussion. It is important that everyone from the coalition take a moment to day to call your State Sena to r, and urge them not to take up HB 4500 at this time. Please forward the new Postcard from Outer Brewster: It’s Back! (slightly revised version to follow this email) to your constituents, and urge them to call their Sena to rs to day as well.
      Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 16, we’ll be hosting an important meeting of the LNG coalition here at our office , at 10am.  With the recent events in the House and the upcoming hearing of the LNG siting commission next Monday – this is an extremely important meeting. Please let me know if you’ll be attending.
      Lauren Thirer
      Environmental Policy Analyst and Development Associate
      Save the Harbor/Save the Bay
      286 Congress St. 7th floor
      Bos to n, MA 02210
      (617) 451-2860 x103
      (617) 451-0496 (f)
      Save the Harbor/Save the Bay is a public interest environmental advocacy organization made up of citizens, scientists, civic, cultural, corporate and community leaders dedicated to res to ring and protecting Bos to n Harbor and Massachusetts Bay for everyone to enjoy.