Fwd: Update and Next Coalition Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2006
      Lauren Thirer <thirer@...> wrote:
      Subject: Update and Next Coalition Meeting
      Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 17:34:20 -0400
      From: "Lauren Thirer" <thirer@...>

      To the coalition members,

      This morning’s meeting went well – thank you to those of you who made it!

      We began discussing our strategy for the upcoming Massachusetts LNG Siting Commission hearing on May 22nd, and want to generate five or so “talking points” that the coalition can use as we prepare for the hearing.

      Since the commission will be looking at the four proposals in Massachusetts (Outer Brewster, Fall River, and the two offshore proposals), we think that the “talking points” should focus around the issues of LNG needs and siting within the region (as opposed to the merits/disadvantages of specific proposals). Please write out the points that you think are the most important – it can be one, two, five…. – and send them to me via email by this Friday.  We will compile the points and try to come up with a list that works for the coalition, and we’ll have it ready for discussion at (or before) next Tuesday’s meeting.

      The next coalition meeting will be Tuesday, May 16, at 10am, here at Save the Harbor/Save the Bay.   Remember, the hearing is the following Monday, so this meeting will be very important!  Please let me know if you’ll be attending.

      Best,

      Lauren Thirer
      Environmental Policy Analyst and Development Associate
      Save the Harbor/Save the Bay
      286 Congress St. 7th floor
      Bos to n, MA 02210

      (617) 451-2860 x103
      (617) 451-0496 (f)

      Save the Harbor/Save the Bay is a public interest environmental advocacy organization made up of citizens, scientists, civic, cultural, corporate and community leaders dedicated to res to ring and protecting Bos to n Harbor and Massachusetts Bay for everyone to enjoy.