2836Auto Diesel vs Marine Diesel / Addatives

    Jul 11, 2007
      It has been explained to me earlier this season that new additives, that may cause problems in our older marine diesel motors, have been added to auto diesel but NOT to marine diesel fuel YET.

      Simply put the new additives reduce the lubrication in the diesel-fuel that is needed by our marine diesels engines.  Eventually this change will come to marine diesel fuel too.

      So, although keeping a supply of MARINE diesel on our boats might be logical/practical you should fill them from a marine fuel dealer and NOT an auto gas station.

      Just the messenger.