2833Re: [MassBaySailors] Diesel fuel- where to buy?

    Jul 11, 2007
      Hi Tim,

      I  hardly bother with Marina fuel-ups. I carry a 5 gallon Diesel jug, fill up at a reliable auto diesel outlet and carry the fuel to refill my voluminous 10 gallon fuel tank.

      On our trip, I also refilled in Scituate and it took a whopping 2.7 gallons after coming from P'town. Good thing the Scituate Harbor is mostly sailboats, so I guess the guy was used to the smaller fuel tanks.

      I had thought about bringing the 5 gallon jug (full) along for the ride, but for some cranky reason did not (bad skipper)! <smile>

      At 11:43 PM 7/6/2007, you wrote:

      Thanks to all for my request for diesel fuel. I will keep Crystal Cove in mind for my next full fuel up. I needed a small amount of fuel to prime my Racor after it got filled 3/4 with water being pushed from the bottom of my tank as I fueled in East Boston last week. I didn't doubt there was a little water/ gunk at the bottom, but didn't realize it would show itself in this manner.
      : snip

      Tim Haibach
      S/V "Harmony"
      Boston, MA