2501RE: [MassBaySailors] discount marine stores in Boston area?

    Jun 10, 2007
      Hi Y'all,

      As a bit of trivial history, the folks who own Nautical Traders, bought out a  Marine specialty store (used stuff) that was somewhere along Route 1 near Danvers. That older store, which many people were familiar, is no longer in business.

      When we moored in Salem Harbor, we found reason to visit Nautical Traders several times and always were satisfied with our purchases.  But, then again, we have visited Sailorman in Fort Lauderdale more times and were always satisfied with our purchases. <smile>

      As a secondary FYI - I "found" yet another privately held chandlery un New Bedford called Beckmans and they are on Commercial Street, just across the Route 18 from the New Bedford docks where the old schooner Ernestina is/was berthed.

      Bob Early
      s/y Second Nature

      At 07:33 PM 6/9/2007, you wrote:

      Greetings All,

      I took a trip to this store today but alas arrived late.  It looks like the kind of marine store that must be visited.  It appears to have all kinds of unique nautical supplies and quaint unlike West Marine which looks a bit sterile.  The hours are 8 to 5 M-F, Sat 8-4 and Sun 8-12.  Its a bit of a hike from Boston harbor but may be well worth the trip.

      Gary
      SV Bacchus