2133Starter, "I" feel/thin it needs to be Marine

    Mar 25 9:20 AM
      "I" feel it should be a shop familiar and skilled in marine applications.

      I once read that if you installed an NON marine (USCG Approved) alternator and if you had an electric fire on your boat your insurance company can refuse the claim for not having the appropriate equipment and the USCG could fine you for not having one, fire or not (via an inspection) ...

      I also think that what makes and alternator/starter USCG Approved is the encasement (moisture/weather resistant) of these pieces of equipment.

      You may need to remind (insist) that the shop doing your work insure they are building it for a marine application (to USCG specification), if they don't assure you it is, go elsewhere.

      with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic