1564Re: [MassBaySailors] Question about winter sailing

    Oct 13, 2006
      Yes, that is what I mean with not having a "real" swim ladder.
      I have a few contraptions, but they are not that easy to use to climb in

      From: We 2 Sail
      Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 7:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [MassBaySailors] Question about winter sailing

      About not having a "real" swim ladder.

      I recall seeing "solution" to not having a swim ladder, for example, if you had a canoe stern.

      The owners installed a folding ladder (rope and steps), and judiciously placed a line within reach of anyone who managed to get into the water "unexpectedly".

      When the line was pulled, the ladder (pipe type steps, I  think) would deploy overboard providing suitable egress from the water.

      Bob Early

      At 01:13 PM 10/12/2006, you wrote:

      Thanks Bob.
      I would not really go sailing in very windy conditions, but it is sometimes nice to spend a relaxing sunny afternoon on the water, even if it is winter.
      The Bristol does not have a real swim ladder, and it would take some effort to get back in, if you land in the drink.
      Ahmet
      www.sailnomad. com