1489Nautia from SailingAnarchy - Weather for the Modern Mariner

    Sep 16, 2006
      This is going to be a short series from them, you may find it interesting;

      Wx 101

      Weather for the Modern Mariner
      As promised, here is our latest feature Wx 101, by Mark Michaelsen
      This is the first in a series of articles that I hope will assist you in better understanding the macro and micro levels of weather and the difficulties involved with forecasting it. The concepts will be introduced in a structured manner beginning with beginning level concepts first including:
        • High and low pressure
        • Coriolis
        • Cyclones and anti-cyclones
        • Basic map symbols