      From: MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com [mailto:MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ahmet
      Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:20 PM
      To: MassBaySailors@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MassBaySailors] Looking for anchorages

      The Mooring rates are not more than $30-$40/night, but could be less.
      There are plenty of anchorages, although if you get close to cities, most people grab a mooring or slip.

      Julie Kaynor <jkaynor@...> wrote:
      I joined the MassBaySailors list a couple of months ago hoping to get some info about good places to visit in your area.  My husband and I are hoping to head up there from the Chesapeake this summer on our Tayana 37.   Mark's parents live in West Hartford and he has many relatives in the Mass area so our main intent is to come and visit family and work from the boat.  I am under the impression that anchorages are few and far between, I suspect we are spoilt on the Chesapeake with so many free anchorages its just a matter of picking which one.  Could you give me a little insight into this is your area?  Am I correct in my understanding that mostly we would need to pick up moorings?  How much would we usually pay and are they fairly numerous?
      Any recommendations for cruising guides would also be appreciated
      looking forward to hearing from you
      Julie Kaynor
      s/v Rachel

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic