1029Re: [MassBaySailors] Looking for anchorages

  • henry
    May 18, 2006
      Hello Julie,

      There are plenty here in Narragansett Bay which is on the Rhode Island/Massachusetts border. If
      you're thinking of popping in here for a day or two on your way up just let me know. I'll direct you to
      some protected and beautiful anchorages.

      Henry Krauzyk
      Sowwanishen
      T26 #545

      On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:15:40 -0400, Julie Kaynor wrote
      > I joined the MassBaySailors list a couple of months ago hoping to
      > get some info about good places to visit in your area. My husband
      > and I are hoping to head up there from the Chesapeake this summer on
      > our Tayana 37. Mark's parents live in West Hartford and he has
      > many relatives in the Mass area so our main intent is to come and
      > visit family and work from the boat. I am under the impression that
      > anchorages are few and far between, I suspect we are spoilt on the
      > Chesapeake with so many free anchorages its just a matter of picking
      > which one. Could you give me a little insight into this is your
      > area? Am I correct in my understanding that mostly we would need to
      > pick up moorings? How much would we usually pay and are they fairly
      > numerous? Any recommendations for cruising guides would also be
      > appreciated
      >
      > looking forward to hearing from you
      > Julie Kaynor
      > s/v Rachel