World-Link with Notable Scholars - every Saturday at Masjid Ibrahim

  • Austin Dawah
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2002

      In the name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

      Masjid Ibrahim & Callers To Islam

      present

      World-Link to Notable Scholars from around the world

      Salaamualaikum wa rehmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu:

      Dear brothers and sisters in deen:

      We are pleased to announce the commencement of a great opportunity for our community to link up with the notable scholars, students of knowledge and da'eeah around the globe.  Masjid Ibrahim and Callers to Islam will weekly organize this program as much as Allaah (swt) gives us the tawfeeq.

      Allaah (ta'alaa) says in Surah Nahl "Ask the people of Dhikr (knowledge) if you do not know."  And this is a great opportunity for all us to gather and benefit from their advices and ask them questions.  Brothers and sisters, we hope you benefit from this small service that our Masjid is providing Insha�Allah.

      This week�s scholars:

      Mohammad Hassan (Egypt)

      Sh. Mohammad Hassan from Egypt, his introduction is that he needs no introduction. He has spent 7 years under Sh. Ibn Uthaimeen and spent significant amount of time under the muhaddith of our time, Sheikh Nasr (r).  As Sheikh Safwat Nuruddin describes him, he is the fruit of Egypt.  Allaah has granted him a gift of gab.  His series on "Yawm-ul Aakhira" and "Seerah of Sahaabah" is very well known in the West.   The Sheikh has visited USA many times to spread the Da`wah of Kitaab and Sunnah in the way of the pious predecessors.

      Fawwaz Ahmad Zumarlee (Lebanon)

      A notable student of Sheikh Nasr (may Allaah have Mercy on him) and a graduate from Ummul-Qura University.  Has many recent works on Hadith. Currently the book "Foundation of Sunnah" which the sheikhs are using to teach the 'Aqeedah class in Masjid Ibrahim is being checked by Sheikh Fawwaz.

      Schedule

      Saturday April 6, 2002

      Dhuhr:        12:45 pm

      1st Lecture: 1:00 pm

      With Sheikh Fawwaz Ahmad az-Zumarlee (Tripoli, Lebanon)

      Lecture title:  TBA (see www.CallersToIslam.org)

      2nd Lecture: 3:00pm

      With Sheikh Mohammad Hassan (Egypt)

      Lecture title:  TBA (see www.CallersToIslam.org)

       (Potluck lunch will be served � please bring something to share with 3-4 other people)

      Also, send your questions to admin@... and get them answered by the mashaaykh insha�Allah.

      Was-salaam
      Austin Da'wah Team
      on behalf of