Masjid Ibrahim Ramadaan Quran Memorization Competition

  • Masjid_Ibrahim-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2010

      Masjid Ibrahim Ramadaan Quran Memorization Competition

       As-Salaamualaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu

      Dear brothers and sisters:

      Ramadaan is the month of Quran.  We know from the authentic Hadith of ‘Abdullaah Ibn ‘Abbas (RadiAllaahu ‘anhu), which is recorded in Saheeh Al-Bukhari, that in this month our beloved Prophet Mohammad (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) would study Quran every night with angel Jibreel.  Remembering that sunnah, we are initiating this competition to bring a sort of understanding that we have to take the Qur’an seriously, memorize it, learn its meaning and apply it in our daily lives.

      Let’s compete with each other in the best way to memorize a sura, so perhaps through that Allaah will open His doors of Mercy for us.

      Below are the details of this blessed program:

      Participate and learn for the sake of Allaah only…

      For Children

      1st Level â€" Memorize either Al-Qadr or Al-Bayyinah

      2nd level â€" Memorize either Sura Al-Iqra or Sura Al-A’laa

      3rd level â€" Memorize either Sura Al-Naba or Sura Al-Dukhan

      For Sisters

      1st level â€" Memorize Sura At-Tahreem

      2nd level â€" Memorize Sura Al-Nuur

      For brothers

      1st level â€" Memorize Sura Ibraheem

      2nd level â€" Memorize Sura Sijdah

      Rules of the competition

      a)     Participants must enter the competition to please Allaah and Allaah only.

      b)    Each participant can only enter one of the levels for one sura.  Multiple registration for same participants will be rejected.

      c)     To qualify for the participation the sura chosen to be memorized to enter the competition should be completely unknown to the participant.

      d)    A CD will be distributed with the suras by Masjid Ibrahim to help the participants to memorize the Quran.  The participants are encouraged to pick up the CD on Friday, August 6th after Jum’ah prayer.

      e)     Participants must register online www.MasjidIbrahim.org by Friday, August 13th.  Registration is free. Click here for registration.

      f)      The participants must be ready to come and recite to the judges between Friday, August 27th â€" August 30th, 2010

      g)     Sheikh Omer will judge the little children and brothers and a group of sisters will judge the sisters and our grown up daughters.  Judges will be assigned to the participants via email notification.

      h)     Prizes will be awarded for those who will win the competition.

      i)       To win the participation, the participant has to recite the sura fluently and properly to the judges.

                      j)   For more information visit the website www.MasjidIbrahim.org