Masjid Ibrahim Weekly Announcements

  • Masjid Ibrahim
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 3, 2008
      Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

      In this digest:
      Khutbah :: Friday, January 4th :: ‘Abdullah Al-Hawzaniy’s question to Bilal Ibn Rabah “How did the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayi wa sallam) spend money?”

      This week’s khutbah will be geared towards an amazing narration detailing the way the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) used to spend for the sake of Allaah.  The story starts with one of the Tabe’een ‘Abdullaah Al-Hawazaniy.  He met the Muadh-dhin of the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), Bilal ibn Rabah in Halab ( a city in Syria ).  ‘Abdullaah asked Bilal: “How did the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) use to spend.”

      The answer of Bilal is the topic of this week’s khutbah inshaAllaah.  This hadith is a proof how the non-Muslims used to peacefully live in the city of the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), this hadith is a proof of freedom of speech in the time of the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), the security that Islam provided for the non-Muslims.  This hadith will make us realize who our Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was!  How he spent in the path of Allaah!  How his companions were!

      Sheikh Hamdi Abdul Majeed As-Salaafi (May Allaah preserve him) in his checking of “Ahadith At-Tiwaal” of Al-Hafidh Sulayman Ibn Ahmed At-Tabarani (260H – 360H) said: “It is recorded by Abu Dawud (3055, 3056), [see Saheeh Abee Dawud (2628,2629)], Ibn Hibban (2351), And Bayhaqi in “Dalaail An-Nubuwwah (305-303/1), and the author (i.e. Imam At-Tabarani) in “Mu’jam Al-Kabeer (1119).  The men of Abu Dawud are trustworthy.”

      Sheikh Al-Albaani authenticated this hadith in his checking of Sunan Abee Dawud.  Sheikh Muqbil also graded it as Saheeh.  Allaah knows best.  May Allaah have Mercy on all of them.

      Children’s Halaqah, Friday, January 4th :: Prophet ‘Isaa (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) – from the Quran and Purified Sunnah…

      This week’s children’s halaqah will be regarding the life of Prophet ‘Isaa (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).  We will, as usual, base our story sessions upon the teaching of the Qur’an and purified sunnah, sorting out all myths and misconceptions regarding the great Prophet of Allaah, ‘Isaa Ibn Maryam (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

      We will discuss his mother’s Life, his birth, his physical attributes, his miracles, his da’wah to tawheed, his ascension to the heaven, his coming back, his killing and getting rid of the one-eyed Dajjal and the blessed life of the Muslims who will meet him and live under his ruling based upon the Kitab and the sunnah of Prophet Mohammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).

      Halaqah :: Friday, January 4th :: Prophet’s (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) Sunnah regarding mourning for the dead

      This week’s halaqah is part of a series of lectures and khutbah regarding funeral prayer that we started few weeks ago, this week’s discussion is one of the most important one and will clarify lots of misconception regarding the practices that usually happen when someone dies.

      Many companions including some of the close relatives of the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) died during his life-time.  The best way to know how to behave when someone dies, is to learn what he (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) did and what his companions did with regards to these situations.  This way we will be able to revive many forgotten sunnah and get rid of many unfounded practices practiced by the Muslims all around the world.  The true way to remedy our situation is by learning, not by criticizing.

      Halaqah outline:

      • Rewards of reviving forgotten Sunnah
      • A forgotten Sunnah: After every salah making tasbeeh 25 times, making tahmeed 25 times, making takbeer 25 times, making tahleel 25 times.
      • The Prophet’s Sunnah regarding Mourning
      • Making announcements
      • Patience and seeking rewards
      • Taking care of the relatives of the family
      • Common innovation and practices regarding the dead
      Saturday, January 5th :: Youth Lecture :: 4:15 – 5:30 :: He is the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

      We are resuming our youth lectures this Saturday.  This week’s topic is Seerah.

      "He is the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)"

      Halaqah outline:

      • Rewards of Studying the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
      • Who was Imam Al-Bukhari (Rohimahullaah)
      • The society of the Arabs before the Prophet Mohammad (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
      • The digging of the well of Zamzam
      • The Prophet’s father and mother – ‘Abdullah and Amina
      Masjid Ibrahim
      1701 W. Ben White Blvd Bldg 3
      Austin, TX 78704

      512-MY-DAWAH (693-2924) | admin@... | www.MasjidIbrahim.org | Directions to the Masjid | Make a Donation
    • Masjid Ibrahim
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 27, 2010

        Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

        In this digest:

        Friday, January 27th, 2010 :: Khutbah this week : “A Day when the Earth will change…” continuation of the “The Abode of Real Life” series

        We started the series of “The Abode of Real life” (Dar Al-Hayawaaan) last year in August and we covered several important themes of this pillar of faith. Since the topic is very vast, we want to break it every now and then so the attendees are not bored.

        Previously we covered the following topics in 4 weeks khutbah series:

        • Importance of the belief in the day of Judgment
        • We also mentioned when discussing day of Judgment, we need to remember three important points: a) signs of the Day of Judgment b) The last day when all every soul will die except what Allaah wishes and c) The day when the people will be raised. These are separate events and has to be kept in mind when discussing Day of Judgment
        • Different Names of the Day of Judgment which gives us a glimpse of how severe that day is
        • The Trumpet and what is the trumpet
        • The Angel who will blow on the trumpet (And we will know inshaAllaah that this angel is not known in the authentic sunnah as Israfeel contrary what is popularly known)
        • How many times the trumpet will blow What will happen when the trumpet will blow
        • Refutation of those who like to narrate these events with weak, fabricated and unfounded narrations
        • How people will be raised on the day of Judgment
        • Those who rejected the resurrection
        • The clear evidence against those who reject resurrection
        • What is narrated with regards to resurrection
        • Who will be resurrected
        • The resurrection of the days of the week and the status of Friday and its people How people will be raised on the day of Judgment
        • Importance of sufficing ourselves with the authentic narrations when talking about our religion This week we are going to talk about the following topics:
          • Major impact on the creation during the day of Judgment
          • The sky, sun, stars, the ocean and this whole world will go through a catastrophic change
          • These changes are clearly described and mentioned in the Qur'an and the authentic sunnah.

        InshaAllaah, this series will continue for another 3-4 weeks and then we will take a break and come back to it if Allaah wills.

        Friday, January 27th, 2010 :: Halaqah this week : Golden lessons for Muslims from the introduction of Saheeh Muslim
        Many Muslims can’t distinguish between truth and falsehood and hence when there is a dispute or differences of opinion instead of going back to the book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), they say one of the following:
        • Any and every opinion is good and alright, if you follow one of them it is ok.
        • Every scholar read the Qur’an and sunnah, so every scholar’s opinion is right.
        • Follow what has been taught in your madhhab, that is sufficient…

        These statements show the lack of basic knowledge and understanding of the religion.

        Imam Muslims have discussed the key ingredients of learning the correct methodology with which a Muslim can save himself/herself from falling into such grave error when there are disagreements. A Muslim should know what knowledge is, a Muslim should know where knowledge is and from whom knowledge should be sought and a Muslim should be intelligent enough to distinguish what is right and what is wrong with regards to plethora of opinions that are available in many matters of the religion.

        Let’s learn from Imam Muslim the true methodology of the seeker of truth and let’s follow them to be true Muslims.

        Friday, January 27th, 2010 :: Restarting Children’s Friday Halaqah: This week’s topic “Let’s learn the du’as of sleeping”
        Alhamdulillaah, we are restarting our Children’s Friday night halaqah, where they get knowledge, fun and goodies. And the most fun of them is knowledge. This week, the brother will discuss the various du’as of the prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) he used to say when he would go to sleep.

        Those who will be able to memorize them by next week will get extra goodies inshaAllaah. Join and constantly benefit from these lessons inshaAllaah.

        Sunday, January 31st, 2010 :: First Day of Weekend School
        The first day of weekend school will be on Sunday, January 31st, 2010

        Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm

        Subjects taught: Qur’an Memorization, Qur’an reading with Tajweed, Structures Islamic Studies

        Fees: $50.00/per student per month

        Duration: January 31st, 2010 – May 9th, 2010

        Special Note: We request the parents to show up on time since the class hours have been reduced significantly we don’t have time to waste at all. Fees should be paid in the beginning of the month.

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4 8:19 PM

          Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

          In this digest:

          Friday, February 5th, 2010 :: Khutbah this week : “The Great and Grand Gathering” – Part One

          Last week, by the Mercy of Allaah, we discussed the great changes that this whole creation will go through. The unusual transformation and dislocation of the sun, the solar system, the earth, the mountains, the ocean all makes us humble in front our Great and Majestic Creator.

          This week we will discuss the following topics:

          1. Quranic description of the condition of the people when they come out of the grave.
          2. The call of Caller of Allaah and how the creation will respond to the call
          3. What are the types of creation that will be gathered
          4. What will be the general condition of the people when they will be gathered

          InshaAllaah, this series will continue for another 3-4 weeks and then we will take a break and come back to it if Allaah wills.

          Friday, February 5th, 2010 :: Halaqah this week : Importance of knowledge from the verses of the book of Allaah
          We have seen from our quick study from the introduction of Saheeh Muslim, the methodology of a true Muslim:
          1. He should be eager to seek his knowledge and the read the books of sunnah. In fact, this is one of the reason Imam Muslim wrote his saheeh, so that the commoners can have easy access to what is authentically reported from the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
          2. A Muslim should be careful from whom he seeks knowledge because the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) predicted that there will be liars who will invent lies regarding the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
          3. A Muslim should verify his information and not blindly adopt his teacher’s opinions.
          4. A Muslim should constantly search the truth.
          5. A Muslim should learn the severity of lying upon the Prophet as many of the Imams and du’ats who call to Allaah do that today!
          6. A Muslim should verify the Hadith and check before he implements it.
          7. A Muslim should a have a solid methodology through which he can distinguish who is speaking from the text and who is lying upon the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)
          8. Imam Muslim finally concluded that the authentic narrations are so many that there is no need to narrate weak reports and those who do that and don’t clarify to the general mass the weakness of the report that they are reporting then they are committing a great betrayal since the general Muslim trust them and they are taking advantage of their trusts.
          9. Imam Muslim also criticizes the liars by saying they do narrated da’eef narrations just to show people how much Hadith they have collected, so people will say “how much they know, how many Hadith he collected!” etc…

          It is sad, how the majority of the Muslims now-a-days would say “I love Imam Muslim, I believe in Saheeh Muslim” but in reality how far they are away from the true teaching of these great Imams. Don’t take our words, check for yourself, the book is translated fully by Dar-us-salaam and is online for all Arabic and English readers. Learn, so you are not treated as sheep and goats by those who want to control the Muslims based upon false ideologies contradicting the pure teaching of the Quran and the Sunnah.

          This week, we will ponder upon some of the beautiful ayat from the book of Allaah that will teach us

          1. The perfect knowledge of Allaah
          2. The importance of knowledge
          3. How the Prophets and Messengers strived to seek knowledge
          4. How there can’t be any Prophethood without knowledge
          5. The merits and distinguishing characteristics of the people of knowledge.
          Friday, February 5th, 2010 :: Sleeping like the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam
          Unfortunately, our children grow up under the influence of heroes that don’t exist. Batman, superman, spiderman! Their books, pencils, dresses, even bag packs are full of these pictures. Children grow up thinking about the greatness of these characters that don’t exist. They try to act like them, jump like them, play like them. We should focus to teach our children the stories of the true heroes. A hero, who by Allaah’s Permission, went all the way above the seven heavens that no astronauts can ever make it. A hero , who by Allaah’s Permission, would call a tree and the tree would come walking to him. A hero , who by Allaah’s Permission, who could fashion the body of a bird and blow in it and it will fly away, a hero, who by Allaah’s Permission, who could literally understand the language of the birds and control a creation made of fire! And their stories are real and true, not fake comic books.

          Those are the true heroes, however, they were human being, they walked, spoke, ate and drank, slept like all of us. Let’s teach our children how our Prophet Mohammad (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) used to sleep and what a good sleep it was because it was full of remembrance of Allaah! Let’s grow a generation that will eat, sleep, drink, wake up, go to potty like a great hero whom Allaah sent to be an example for all the mankind…

          Bring your children to our latest set of halaqas! Don’t miss them!

          Sundays, 10:00 – 12:00pm :: Generation One Weekend School :: last week of registration is this week!
          The first day of weekend school will be on Sunday, January 31st, 2010 Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm

          Subjects taught: Qur’an Memorization, Qur’an reading with Tajweed, Structures Islamic Studies

          Fees: $50.00/per student per month

          Duration: January 31st, 2010 – May 9th, 2010

          Special Note: We request the parents to show up on time since the class hours have been reduced significantly we don’t have time to waste at all. Fees should be paid in the beginning of the month.

          Tax letters have been mailed, JazaakAllaahu khairan for your donations
          We ask Allaah to bless all our donors and honor them in this life and hereafter for their sincere donation. And we continue to seek your halal donation for the sake of Allaah only.
          Urgent and Important: Policy with regards to abandoned property in the Masjid Premises (luggage, clothes, car etc…)
          We humbly request the brothers and sisters not to leave any of their personal belongings (luggage, bags, laptop etc...) in the masjid. The Masjid administration has the authority to dispose any of these materials if found in the property.

          Similarly, we request you not to park your vehicles overnight in the masjid parking lot. Violators will be towed at their own expense.

          Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.