Masjid Ibrahim Ramadan Policies ~ Weekend School ~ Ramadan Fundraising ~ Iftar Signup

  • Masjid Ibrahim
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007
      Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

      In this digest:
      Announcements and policies regarding moon-sighting, determining the dates of the beginning and ending of Ramadaan & Taraweeh Prayer timings

      Bismillaah, Alhamdulillaah was-salaatau was-salaamu ‘alaa Rosuulillaah

      The beginning and the ending of Ramadaan should be determined by the sighting of the moon.

      Based on the understanding of many great scholars of the past and present time, Masjid Ibrahim community adopts the opinion of Wahdatul Matali` or Ittihadal Mataali’. This opinion constitutes that anywhere the moon is sighted, we will follow that moon-sighting as long as the moon-sighting is authentic and credible.

      For more on this, please visit our article “Global or local – Which one do we Choose?”

      So, with regards to this understanding:

      1. If the moon is sighted anywhere in the world, then we adopt their sighting to mark the beginning or ending of the month as long as the sighting has been made by trustworthy individual or groups and is a confirmed, authentic moon-sighting.
      2. This opinion is closer to achieve an important goal of this religion, which is uniting the Muslims.
      3. This opinion does not favor a country or create any form or regional tension, whichever country adopts a sighting, all countries, and communities should follow.
      4. In the old times, there was no other way left but to locally sight the moon. But with the advancement of the communication field, the argument of ikhtilaful Matali’ (each community/locality having different sighting) can no longer be valid.
      5. We reject astronomical calculation to determine the start or ending of the month. As this goes against the statement of the Prophet (Sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Please visit articles on our website regarding astronomical calculations “The true Islamic Position on Moon-sighting” by Jalal Abualrub & Calculation vs. Authentic Sunnah of Sighting the moon by Abu Malik Anas Hlayhel

      Starting date of Ramadaan

      Today, Tuesday, September 11th coincides with the 29th of Ramadaan, 1428 H.

      Based on this, Ramadaan can start tomorrow, Wednesday, September 12th (if there is a valid report of moon-sighting anywhere in the world).  In that case, Taraweeh prayer at Masjid Ibrahim will start today, Tuesday, September 11th at 9:30pm.

      Please note: today, Tuesday, September 11th, we will pray Ishaa at 9:30 pm just to allow more time for any sighting to reach us in time inshaAllaah.  However, from tomorrow and during the month of Ramdaan, we will pray Ishaa at 9:00 pm inshaAllaah.

      If there is no moon-sighting report, then we will conclude the 30th of Sha’baan and the first day of Ramadaan will be Thursday, September 13th in which case Taraweeh prayer will start at Masjid Ibrahim on Wednesday, September 12th at 9:00pm.

      Please check our website and phone message for regular updates…

      Taraweeh timing during the month of Ramadaan

      Taraweeh prayer time for the month of Ramadaan will be 9:00pm starting with Ishaa prayer, inshaAllaah…

      We ask Allaah (Ta’aalaa) to make us witness this month of Ramadaan with goodness and security.

      Our resident Sheikh Abu Abdullaah Al-Jazaaeree will be leading the night prayer at Masjid Ibrahim. We ask Allaah (ta’aalaa) to facilitate this for us during the month of Ramadaan.

      Saturday, September 22nd :: Masjid Ibrahim New Masjid Project Fundraising :: Building a House in Hereafter :: Sheikh Abu Abdullaah Al-Jazaaeree :: Come, Support and Build…

      Dear brothers and sisters:

      We have reached a crucial time, where we need all of your help to put the foundation for the Islamic Center in the South. Please encourage each other to come and support this noble event.

      Masjid Ibrahim New Masjid Fund Raising

      Allaah has facilitated us to purchase the current property with a building, parking lot which has been the dream of the community.  Come and support and make it a success…

      Date & Time
      Saturday, September 22nd, 2007
      Community Iftar/Dinner After Maghrib Salah (7:30pm)
      Ishaa Prayer (9:00 pm)
      Fund Raising - After Isha Salah (9:15pm)

      Speaker
      Sheikh Abu Abdullaah Al-Jazaaeree

      Venue
      Masjid Ibrahim
      1701 W. Ben White, Bldg # 3
      512-MY-DAWAH (693-2924)

      Iftar Sign up Sheet & a Correction :: A great opportunity for those who seek to attain rewards…

      There is lot of reward in providing the food for those who fast in the month of Ramadaan.

      Narrated by Zayd Ibn Khalid Al-Juhani, the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alayhi wasalam) said, "Whoever feeds a fasting person will have a reward equal to that of the fasting person, without any reduction in his reward." [Related by Ahmad and Al-Nasai. Also verified by Al-Albani as sahih].

      Narrated by Zayd Ibn Khalid Al-Junai, the Messenger of Allaah (salallahu alayhi wasalam) said: “Whoever feeds a fasting person or helps the one who Ghazi (the warrior), for him his equal reward.” [Sahih hadith :: Sahih Al-Jamee’ 6414]

      However, in Masjid Ibrahim previous announcement forms, emails, we used to mention a hadith of Salman Al-Farisi (RadiAllaahu ‘anhu) and we found out that this hadith has been graded as “munkar” and it can be found in Silsilah Ad-Da’eefah # 871.

      Since knowledge is amaanah (trust), we feel obliged to let the community know about this unintentional mistake that we performed. We seek Allaah’s forgiveness and your forgiveness for this.

      Such hadith shouldn’t be used and should be rejected as we have enough authentic narrations to support our noble religion.

      Please don’t use this hadith and we ask Allaah’s forgiveness for this unintentional mistake. The text of the hadith is:

      In a hadith narrated by Salman Al-Farisi, the Prophet ( ) said, "…Whoever feeds a fasting person, will be recompensed with forgiveness of sins and salvation from Hell. He will receive the same reward as the fasting person without causing him any reduction (in his reward).” (The Companions) said, 'Messenger of Allah, not all of us can find something to feed a fasting person.' The Prophet ( ) said, 'Allah will give this reward to he who feeds a fasting person with a sip of milk or a piece of dates, or a sip of water. And Allah will make him who quenches the thirst of a fasting person to drink from my cistern a drink that he will never feel thirsty until he enters Paradise (where there is no thirst)." [see da’eef at-Targheeb 654]

      Masjid Ibrahim
      1701 W. Ben White Blvd Bldg 3
      Austin, TX 78704

      512-MY-DAWAH (693-2924) | admin@... | www.MasjidIbrahim.org | Directions to the Masjid | Make a Donation