Eidul Adha Announcement

  • Masjid Ibrahim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu.

      In this digest:
      Eidul Adha Announcement
      Since the moon for the 1st of Dhul Hijja was not sighted in Saudi Arabia on December 30, 2005, the 1st of Dhul Hijja will be on January 1, 2006. Subsequently, the day of Arafah will fall on Monday, January 9, 2006 and Eidul Adha will be on Tuesday, January 10, 2006.

      Arrangements about the Eid prayer will be forthcoming in the near future.

      We encourage all to take advantage of the best 10 days (the first 10 days of Dhul Hijja) in the whole year; may Allah accept all our deeds and efforts.

      For more information on the virtues of the ten days of Dhul Hijja and Islamic rulings concerning them, please refer to the following:

      http://masjidibrahim.org/articles/worship/virtue_ten_days.htm
      http://islam-qa.com/topics/tenhajj/tenhajj.shtml
      Excerpt from Sh. M. Jibaly's book, "Celebrations in Islam"

      Masjid Ibrahim
      1701 W. Ben White Blvd Bldg 3
      Austin, TX 78704

      512-MY-DAWAH (693-2924) | admin@... | www.MasjidIbrahim.org

      Click here for directions to the masjid.

      Masjid Ibrahim is a non-profit organization wholly dependent on donations. Please click here to support the Masjid activities.