Janaazah Workshop ~ Field Trip ~ Dar-al-Qur'an ~ Qur'an & Science

  • Austin Dawah
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2003

      In the name of Allaah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

      Announcement Highlights:

      * March 7th, Friday : "A Believer's Final Abode & Attire" - Janaazah Workshop

      * March 15th, Saturday: Generation-One Field Trip

      * Dar-ul-Qur'an - Study circle

      * March 28th - 29th: Qur'an and Science - Weekend Program

      A Believer's Final Abode & Attire

      Introduction

      Death can approach us any time, and has approached so many of our beloved ones. When death comes, we are prepared for our next destination -- the grave.  Our companions wash us, shroud us and return us to the soil from where Allaah (Ta'ala) created us.  But for all these there is a certain procedure, which is the Sunnah of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam).

      Masjid Ibrahim is organizing this workshop for the community to understand the right way of giving ghusl to the deceased, shrouding, and burial.  InshaAllah we will form a team to assist the local Muslim Community for this noble cause.  Tonight's halaqah's theme is in continution of the Jumuah Khutbah.

      Instructor

      Sh. Khalid Syed

      Venue

      Masjid Ibrahim

      Schedule

      March 7th (Friday)

      Halaqah:    After Ishaa (Ishaa is at 8:00pm)

      Dinner will be served after the halaqah

      Generation One Field Trip

      Come and join this educational trip with your whole family in a wonderful environment.

      Date

      March 15th, Saturday

      Destination

      Aqua Springs; between San Antonio and Austin

      Departure Time

      10:30 am (From Masjid Ibrahim)

      Weekend School on March 15th is cancelled due to this field trip.

      General Description

      • Educational Sessions
      • Food (Picnic style)
      • Glass-Bottom Boat Ride
      • Hiking
      • Games
      • Separate family time
      • Children will have opportunity to memorize ahaadith and du'as inshaAllaah.

      Dar-al-Qur'aan

      Alhamdulillah, Dar-al-Qur'an is back!

      Monday - Thursday (After Ishaa)

      All days (After Fajr)

      @ Masjid Ibrahim

      How does it work?

      • Set your own schedule -- come all days or those of your choice
      • Set your own portion (to memorize/recite)
      • Set your own pace -- No peer pressure!
      • And a lot of rewards inshaAllah as long as done purely for the sake of Allah (Ta'ala)

      Instructors

      Sheikh Khalid Syed

      Br. Hasan Chakir

      Qur'an and Science

      Dates

      March 28th - 29th, 2003

      Speaker

      Sheikh Ibrahim Drimali

      Details to be announced soon -- stay tuned!

       Masjid Ibrahim Info

      1701 W. Ben White Blvd. #3, Austin, TX 78704 (click for directions)

      admin@...  www.IbrahimMosque.org    512-MY-DAWAH (693-2924)

      Masjid Ibrahim is a project of Callers to Islam - a non-profit organization wholly dependent on donations.  Please click here to support our activities.

      Was-salaam
      Austin Da'wah Team
      on behalf of
      Masjid Ibrahim - Callers to Islam, Austin, TX

      Do you Yahoo!?