Ramadaan Announcements

  • Austin Dawah
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4 8:15 AM
      In the Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

      The Month of Ramadaan, the Month of Qur'an

      Assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu.

      Dear brothers and sisters in deen:

      According to the correct understanding of the authentic Sunnah and the guidance of the pious predecessors, we will be attempting to sight the moon on Monday, Sha'ban 29th, 1423H (November 4th).  We urge the Muslims all over to do the same and let us know if the moon is sighted (512.693.2924).  If moon is sighted elsewhere in the Muslim world, we will follow that sighting and declare Ramadaan biithnillah (Wahdatul Mataale').  Please read the featured articles on our website for further information.  Alhamdulillah, this has been agreed upon by all the Austin Masajid.

      Please check our website often for updates on the beginning of Ramadaan: www.callerstoislam.org

      Schedule of the Month of Ramadaan

      The schedule of the prayer times for Ramadaan is available on our website at: www.callerstoislam.org/MI/ramadaan1423.htm

      Iftar and Suhur

      Iftar-dinner will be provided at Masjid Ibrahim on all the Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and the last ten days of Ramadaan, inshaAllah.  We encourage the brothers and sisters to sponsor the iftar-dinner.  We are accepting donations of $450 for each iftar-dinner.  This may be shared between two or three sponsors, inshaAllaah.  Please sign-up on the Masjid notice board or send an email to admin@...

      Click here to know the great reward of providing Iftar to your brothers and sisters.

      Suhur will be provided on the last ten days inshaAllaah.

      Also, we ask the community members to revive the sunnah of inviting Muslims at home for Iftar.

      Taraweeh Prayer

      Taraweeh (or Qiyaam-ul-Layl) will start after Ishaa prayer.  Ishaa will start at 7:45 pm, inshaAllah.

      We will inshaAllah have short lessons every day during and/or at the end of the taraweeh prayer. Issues regarding Ramadaan, Tafseer, stories of the Sahaabah, Eid-ul-Fitr will be discussed extensively, inshaAllah.

      Annual Masjid Fundraising and other Weekend Programs

      Annual Masjid Fundraising, November 9th, Saturday, 7:45pm

      Speaker: Sheikh Ghassan Al-Barqawi

      This blessed month will inshaAllaah be full of visits from our noble educators and students of knowledge on other weekends.  Visit the website often for updates.

      Featured Articles of Ramadaan on webpage

      Visit www.callerstoislam.org for featured articles on Ramadaan by the great scholars of our time.  We will keep adding new articles inshaAlalah.

      Eid Updates

      As we know, authentic sunnah instructs us to start & end  the month of Ramadan with moon-sighting.  So, based on that we will attempt to sight the moon on the 29th of Ramadaan and declare the Eid accordingly.  If moon is sighted elsewhere in the Muslim world from trustworthy sources, we will follow that sighting and declare Ramadaan biithnillah (Wahdatul Mataale').

      The venue, timing, and other details of Eid prayer will be announced in due time.

      Etiquettes of Eid will be covered by Sheikh Khalid Syed in the last week of the Ramadaan (weekdays), inshaAllah.

      We ask Allaah Jalla wa 'Alaa to not make us amongst those who pass the Ramadaan but are not forgiven.  O! Allaah! save us from the Hellfire and enter us in Your Paradise.

      Jazaakumullaahu khairan

      Austin Dawah Team

      Masjid Ibrahim, Austin, TX

      Do you Yahoo!?