Ruby

  • Camille Bell
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2005
      As some of you may know I have been resisting Ruby
      pretty strongly.

      Well, given that there weren't any code fests in
      anything other than Ruby locally, I figured I was
      going to have to learn Ruby like it or not, so I spent
      all of Friday's No Fluff, Just Stuff sessions
      attending Ruby and Ruby on Rails talks.

      OK, I get it. I see why everyone is going ape over
      Ruby, or at least I think I do.

      BTW, the crowd for the first Intro to Ruby talk at No
      Fluff over flowed the room and the subsequent Ruby
      talks were also pretty packed.

      Personally, I still need to spend the next couple of
      months getting myself back up to speed on Java,
      because I have upcoming Java business needs. However,
      I think Ruby might have been a contender for a small
      project I expect to be working on soon and I wish I
      had checked Ruby out sooner.

      So expect to see me showing up for some Ruby code fest
      somewhere in the next couple of months.

      Camille

      http://farechase.yahoo.com