Beach Riding in Delaware, Maryland and/or Virginia

  • angelagross
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
      Hello all!

      I would love to take my two horses to the beach this year and I was hoping to get some recommendations from some of you as to where the best beach riding is. I have looked into riding in Ocean City, Delaware Seashore State Park, Cape Henlopen State Park, Fenwick Island State Park, Assateague Island and Chincoteague Island. I would greatly appreciate some recommendations from that list or others that I haven't even found yet!

      Thank you in advance!
    • Thereaa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
        Please share your recommendations with us. I went to Henlophen last March but would like to ride elsewhere this this.

        Thanks!

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Jodi Bayliss
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
          Was Henlophen nice? is there a campground with horse sites?  Thanks!

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
            I'm interested in beach rides and trails rides with camping.

            I rode in evansburg state forest near collegeville pa this past summer. Easy parking, nice park, but did get lost. Walked the last 1.5-2 hours back in the dark but it was an adventure! We are still talking about it, thanks to the map app on my phone we found the trailer .
            You can ride the beach in ocean city md from I think 1 nov- 1 march. From the inlet to the end of the boardwalk. I think you need to clean up manure while there and it is a $25 fee. I thought about doing it for a new training opportunity but my horse injured himself and is on layup. Maybe this year.

            Fairhill in md has tons of great trails and you can reserve camping areas.

            Sent from my iPhone
          • Pasorider
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2013
              Only 4.9 miles u are allowed to ride at henlopen