Re: Liberty Reservoir trails

  • rose hagan
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012

      Liberty is my favorite place to ride.  trails are good and axcess to water is great.....like Sharon says.....be careful of the water, very careful, I broke 3 ribs coming off Poco in that water that I thought was good footing, only to find out it was like quicksand...POCO leaped up out of it, scared  and I came off.
      also, DON"T park under the power lines, Sharon is right again, they will shock you for sure, had it done to me and several others.  there is lots of parking along deer park rd, you do NOT have to get right under the lines, just stay clear of them.
      Lots of nice fire trails and trails off of them.
      enjoy!!!!!!!
      ROSIE
    • Ron MacNab
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2012

        Here is information on trails at Liberty Reservoir.  I uploaded two files to the Files Directory of MarylandTrailRiders, that show the trails.  Unfortunately pictures do not transfer in group email.

        Liberty Reservoir.jpg
        Liberty Reservoir (2).jpg

        LibertyReservoirCity of Baltimorenaturalno15+
        410-887-5683      3,100

        Ron
      • rose hagan
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
          It would take Mark Schmidt to make a comment like that.  Smartest guy I know and one hell of a horseman.  He definitely has been the Horse Whisperer for Poco in the past.  thankis for the good information Mark.  Hope you are having a good summer!!  Rosie & Poco

          ROSIE