So Long, Trail Volunteers!

  • ben.sugar@montgomeryparks.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hi Trail Volunteers,

      Sad to say, it’s time for me to hit the dusty trail. As of Friday, July 8th I’ll no longer be with M-NCPPC Montgomery Parks, as I’m headed off to Utah the end of this month to pursue a graduate degree. I’ve really been blessed with excellent co-workers and a pool of volunteers that are second to none. I sincerely thank you for the time and effort you’ve all given during weekend trail workdays; over the last several years it has contributed greatly to maintaining and improving our trail system.

      In my absence, trail workdays should continue this fall, led by our fantastic Volunteer Trail Crew Leaders. However, a few things will be different until a new Volunteer Coordinator takes my place:

      ·         For questions regarding the trails themselves, please contact Bob Turnbull, Natural Surface Trails Program Manager. His email is bob.turnbull@....

      ·         Problems with logging in to the volunteer webpage or signing up for trail workdays at www.parksvolunteers.org or should be directed to the Volunteer Services Office at 301-495-2504 or lynn.vismara@...

      ·         Only volunteers who sign up for trail workdays via the online listing will have service hours recorded under their name. Others will be recorded generically. If you need to keep track of your trail volunteer hours for tax or other purposes, please sign-up online prior to workdays.

      Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions before my departure next Friday, and you can always contact the Volunteer Services Office for assistance at (301) 495-2504. I’m proud of the work you do for us, and hope you’ll continue to help keep Montgomery Parks’ trails the great public resource they are. Thanks again to you all for making my job both possible and pleasant, and take care.
      Best Wishes,

      Ben Sugar
      Trails Volunteer Coordinator
      Volunteer Services Office
      M-NCPPC - Montgomery Parks Department
      9500 Brunett Ave., Suite 113  ·  Silver Spring, MD 20910
      Office: (301) 650-4395  ·  Cell: (240) 372-9488
      Join Us On Facebook!