Results on Maryland Sunday hunting legislation

  • Ron MacNab
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      The legislative session in Annapolis has ended and we have the results.
      • The Carroll Co. Bill permitting Sunday hunting on private land passed.  Hunters turned out in mass for a county town meeting with legislators which undoubtedly was effective.
      • The House and Senate Bills delegating control of Sunday hunting to Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) failed.  These bills would have given DNR the authority to permit Sunday hunting on private property from the second Sunday in October to the second Sunday in January in most counties.
      • The Harford Co. Bill permitting Sunday hunting on private land failed.
      Government is working as it should.  Legislators do listen to their constituents.  Active citizenship involvement is as important today as ever.

      Ron MacNab

    • Barbara Sollner-Webb