Weekday Bridge Build Tomorrow/Wednesday

  • ben.sugar@montgomeryparks.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2011

      Hi There Everyone -

      Glad early spring tidings! Just a quick notice and call for a bit of short notice help for any of you who are available to help during the week:

      Park staff is finally going to marshall its forces to try and replace the destroyed bridge on the Northwest Branch Trail in Silver Spring over the next two days, but a few pairs of volunteer hands would still help a lot! Work will involve helping carry down bridge parts (about 300-400 feet), helping staff hoist bridge sections across the stream, and assembling the various smaller pieces with hand wrenches and drills.

      Work will start at 8am tomorrow at the end of Lamberton Drive in Silver Spring, and will presumably last until at least after lunch. Work on Thursday will be until work is complete.

      If you're able to help for even an hour or two, please let me know by email or on my work cell at 240-372-9488. Thanks!

      Ben Sugar
      Trails Volunteer Coordinator
      Volunteer Services Office
      M-NCPPC - Montgomery Parks Department

      9500 Brunett Ave., Suite 113  ·  Silver Spring, MD 20910
      Office: (301) 650-4395  ·  Cell: (240) 372-9488
      Fax: (301) 585-1921