Montgomery Parks Fall Trail Volunteer Events

  • Sugar, Ben
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2007
      Montgomery Parks Fall Trail Volunteer Events

      Hello All

      After a lengthy spring and summer hiatus to launch the Volunteer Trail Ranger program, I’m finally ready to flex my atrophied trail muscles and get some work done out there!  Whos with me?  Whether youre a bike, hike or hooves type of person, there are trails near you that could use a hand, so I hope you can join me in building, maintaining and improving them on a weekend date soon.

      Along with continuing to train long-term volunteers to become Trail Rangers, weve scheduled several maintenance project dates this fall including on National Public Lands Day, Sept. 29th, and will also resume work on the Muddy Branch Greenway Trail.  As the location or details of some dates are still TBA please check back to the trail volunteer page at www.montgomeryparks.org for updates.

                          Volunteer Trail Events Calendar

      Word 2007 Document

      All our weekend trail projects have a minimum age of 14, and 14-17 year olds seeking SSL hours who cannot submit a volunteer application and parental release beforehand must be signed in by a parent at the start of the event.  The minimum age for Volunteer Trail Rangers is 18; see the VTR website for full details on this program.

      Please let me know if you have particular interest in any of these dates, or would simply like more information.  In the meantime, have a happy Labor Day!

      Best Regards,

      Ben Sugar
      Trail Volunteer Coordinator
      M-NCPPC - Montgomery Parks Department