Spring Dinner: this Friday, May 10th!

  • Brian Dulay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 6:50 PM
      Hello again from the Maryland Returned Volunteers!

      Please join us this Friday, May 10th, at 6 p.m. for our Spring Dinner at
      Ze Mean Bean Cafe in Fells Point. This is our group's first effort to
      re-establish a fine tradition for RPCVs in this area: ethnic restaurant
      socials. I've chosen a Slavic theme for this one, given my Czech ties to
      Peace Corps. We'll be happy to explore your ideas for future dinner spots in
      and around Baltimore. Until then, hope to see you Friday!

      WHAT: A great chance to eat, drink and tell stories.
      The Cafe is setting aside a room upstairs for us Friday evening. A wide
      range of food and drinks will be offered. Prices vary, and attire ranges
      from shorts to after-work business. Plan to eat dinner with us if possible,
      as this is more developed than our previous happy hours.

      WHERE: 1739 Fleet Street. Parking is street-side, some metered. Several
      blocks along Broadway (the main N-S access thru Fells Point) offer nearby
      help if Fleet is full.

      WHEN: Friday evening, beginning at about 6. Stay as long as you like. Light,
      live music is usually offered beginning at about 8. The cafe, however, is
      not a bar, and never gets too loud for conversation.

      WHO: YOU! And friends! Many people ask us if non-Peace Corps folks are
      invited to our events. Of course! We love meeting your friends!

      WHY: To have fun. To relax. To meet old friends and make new ones. And to
      enjoy a world of ideas and experiences.

      -- See you soon
      Brian Dulay (Czech Republic, 95-97) 410-732-0961.