Hello again from the Returned Volunteers of Maryland!

  • hugopickens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2002
      Hello again from the Returned Volunteers of Maryland!

      We would like to remind you of our next event, a Feb. 2 potluck at the
      home of Nancy and Larry Fitton. Detailed information is included
      below, but please read about our January event first.

      2002 began successfully for our group January 13th as a dozen of us
      enjoyed a video and discussion at Henderson House downtown Baltimore.
      Our featured speaker was Robin Hessey, who presented a video, "The
      organization, Earthome. We thank Robin for her time, and we encourage
      you to explore more about this topic at www.earthome.org or by
      calling (410) 592-6163.

      A primary focus of our organization at this point is to re-activate on
      the national level with Peace Corps headquarters. Steps toward this
      goal include establishing officers, which we addressed at the January
      meeting. At this time, at least for 2002, the following RPCVs will
      serve our group: Brian Dulay, President (Czech Republic, 95-97); Hugh
      Pickens (Peru, 70-73); JoAnna Allen (Malaysia, 65-68). We hope to
      announce several additional developments soon, including a secretary,
      the dates of a newsletter, and annual dues of $15, which are
      necessary to conduct affairs with Peace Corps. Your patience and
      support are crucial to our efforts.

      Our February event promises to draw a large crowd and we hope you will
      join us.

      IMPORTANT NOTE: Please RSVP directly to Nancy Fitton:
      nancyfitton@... ... or ... (410) 592-3966 or 592-3148.
    • John Ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2002
        If you continue to send me advertising through
        Yahoogroups, you can take my name off the list
        immediately. I don't have room nor do I want to
        receive ads on my e-mail.
        Judith P. Ross, RPCV

        http://auctions.yahoo.com
      • kam33prod@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2002
          Hello everyone,

          Sounds like there is a need to clarify how this listserve works.  If there is a moderator, this might be a good time to let people know more about the listserve process.  My understanding of it is that when a listserve is hosted by yahoogroups you can't avoid the added advertisements in each email.

          If the majority of listserve participants don't want this listserve to be hosted by yahoogroups then we may want to consider buying our own domain name through a listserve company.
          I would prefer to stick to yahoogroups since it doesn't cost anything and I just choose not to scroll to the very bottom of the message where the advertisements usually are.

          Kerry McCarthy
          RCPV Hungary 1993-1995