Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Re: Shawnee being ridden by Janices daughter today

  • Don
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1, 2007
      Good Morning Margo,
      I would never beat a horse myself however, I have a little eighteen month old spoiled filly that got angry with me. I was walking from the barn to the round pen, about fifty feet, to feed a new horse I had. Little Dixie stayed with me all the way wanting the food and when I reached over the panel and poured it in the box that she couldn't get to, she bit me. In an involuntary reaction, I swung the two gallon plastic bucket at her and it hit her beside the face/head. She has never bit me since.
      Don
      Don
      Message 61 of 61 , May 3, 2007
        *Richard,

        yep..... it will hit her like a ton of bricks. Hopefully she will be
        as good for me in the saddle as she she from the ground. If she
        is..... she will be great for me.

        *She will EVENTUALLY...you must be as patient in riding her as you have been in ground training her. She will be learning some new skills, as if she were in first grade, but she'll be relying on the kindergarten lessons you taught her from the ground. Her learning curve will be much faster. It also depends how often she will be worked.

        Hey, I got a call from the regional manager who made me the unofficial
        offer for the IT job today. They have had to call people getting laid
        off from other installations nationwide on a list called a "stopper
        list". All of them so far are either not qualified for the particular
        job or did not want to move here. They said they should make a
        decision tomorrow (Friday May 4th) or Monday at the latest (they
        think). I may or may not get it depending on what happens tomorrow.
        Prayers would help please.

        *Am crossing my fingers...Margo

        I am so close to getting this position.

        Richard

        --- In MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com, "margo" <margo@...> wrote:

        > Richard,
        >
        > It
        looks like things are firming up for you...getting a few
        committed people with motivation and goal-oriented to boot.

        > Poor Shawnee will
        never know what hit her...All of a sudden she will
        be a riding horse and she didn't see it coming. It will probably be
        natural for her once her lessons are reinforced by three people with
        the same goal.

        Margo

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings: