Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] bonder on a BLM mustang.

    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2013
      At 10:12 AM 5/28/2013, you wrote:

      Hi,

      I haven't posted on this list for years but I recently got a new BLM Mustang and the bonder doesn't seem to be working on him or probably more correctly I am doing something wrong.

      He will lower his head, lick and chew, face me and take a couple steps towards me but then he either leaves on his own, OR if I attempt to approach him, he will leave after I take a few steps towards him. This is getting extremely frustrating.

      I don't know what to do short of having Marv come out here and a trip to Casper, WY is not cheap. It has been over 2 weeks.

      Any suggestions?

      Jennie in Wyoming

      It's been some years since I saw you at Pineland, WY.  Good to see you
      are still around.

      The answer to this is, don't let him leave.  If he goes left send him back right
      and when he passes where you want him, send him back.  Keep him from leaving
      in either direction.  You want it so the only direction left for him to go is
      toward you.  Since you want him to go toward you, don't close that direction
      off by going toward him.  Let him move toward you.

      Remember also your goal is to simply improve your relationship, that's it.
      Don't forget he already has gone through the compliance signals.  Once he gets
      the idea it's okay to approach you, he will.  It may be your frustration is telling
      him he better stay away.

      Marv "You must conquer time." Walker
      Horse Info, Training DVDs, eBooks - http://MarvWalker.com
      Horses Who Heal ~ http://BraveMeadows.comMarv