Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] USDA ID Rules

  • mysticpasos
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2013
      Dang, that is going to make it more expensive to take the horses for a beach ride at the coast.

      Jackie Decker
      Mystic Ranch
      4264 Beagle Road
      White City, Oregon 97503
      541-826-8400
      www.mystic-ranch.com

      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2013
        Jackie,

        This is only for transport between states. (See below for exclusions)

        "Under the new federal regulations, horses moving interstate must be identified and accompanied by an Interstate Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (ICVI).  The new system is built on methods of identification and movement documentation that are already employed in the horse industry, e.g., written descriptions, digital photographs, brands, tattoos, electronic identification methods, and interstate certificates of veterinary inspection.  The person or entity responsible for moving the horse interstate must ensure that it has an ICVI or other document required by the new rule."

        Exclusions

        There are exclusions to the new requirements for the following horses:

        • Horses used as a mode of transportation (horseback, horse and buggy) for travel to another location that return directly to the original location.

        • Horses moved from a farm or stable for veterinary treatment that are returned to the same location without change in ownership.

        • Horses moved directly from a location in one state through another state to a second location in the original state.

        • Horses moved between shipping and receiving states with another form of identification or documentation other than an ICVI, e.g., a horse infectious anemia test chart, as agreed to by the shipping and receiving states or tribes involved in the movement.
        Margo

        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2013
          Yes, unfortunately, we cross 10 miles into California when we go to the coast.  What a pain.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 2013
            Yes, unfortunately, we cross 10 miles into California when we go to the coast.  What a pain.

            There isn't any pain when you get cooked a little at a time.  Then you're dead.

            And the UnAffordable Health Care Act isn't even wound up good yet.  They're
            still trying to hire "Navigators" to help people figure it out.

            Marv "We have to pass these laws to see what's in them." Walker
            Horse Info, Training DVDs, eBooks - http://MarvWalker.com
            Horses Who Heal ~ http://BraveMeadows.com