RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] It's time...

  • Charles
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 18 11:05 AM

      Remember that the last time around they  gave a break to huge herds in that they didn’t all have to be tagged, or chipped.  Small farms and herds had to tag or chip each animal.

      Basically, the bigger you are, the easier they make it for you, and the small operation gets stuck with the onus of extra work.

      Charles

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 18 11:26 AM
        In the Homeland Security community, this is called “security theater.”  It’s like the military folks stationed in airports right after 9/11 with unloaded guns.  It wastes money and intimidates citizens, but not terrorists.  It is functionally worthless *except* to sell crap.  I don’t usually use that word, but it applies in this case.

        Another example:  Communications failed significantly in NYC after the 9/11 attacks.  We can directly lay blame for this on the one person who decided where vital resources should be located.  That person was a mighty failure that day but has since made a fortune as an “expert” on running a city during and after an attack.  Other people who have made buckets of money:  cable/satellite tv, antenna and television sales, and related items.  Here’s how:  “We need more channels for security communication.  Where will we get them?”  “We will get them from converting analog tv consumers to digital tv consumers.  And we’ll tell them it’s ‘free.’”  So there’s a stupid conversion from analog to digital that requires massive sales of converter boxes, new antennae (for people not using cable and sat services), new digital televisions, etc.  Wow, it’s “free” to nobody.  Also, the converter requires more electricity to run.  Is that “free”?  And people in areas not served by cell phones (like me) cannot get as many digital channels as we could analog.  And if the digital channel isn’t crystal-clear, it’s dropped, like every rain or snow storm.  Or just when the ground is wet.  So, do the emergency responders have better com now?  Barely, if that.  No, the feds have been auctioning off the channels to cell phone providers for consumers to buy more crappy phones.

        This happens because our Congress people have to pretend to make jobs, coddle donors, report their progress to voters, and so on.  We will always be building bridges to nowhere.

        JanisCJ

        Propaganda that makes you feel like you are doing something sells.

        Charles