Re: Tying troubles

  • ssd127@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2012
      teach foals to tie and deal with it. Mom is always near them - and later their  weanie mates are near them. Yesterday I tied a weanling andalusian filly to a  tree- well hanging from the tree was the lead and   it was clipped to her halter.
      Mom was free to hang or leave.  Mom chose to hang and  stay near foal but then meandered off to eat- food is a great  source of power...
       I left foal tired  for hours because when I was working with her she prefered to show me her hind legs.
      Today I re tied the filly, rode my horse and then untied filly and led her out of the paddock where she and  mom have been and down a drive and into a new paddockof 15 acres-  where she was introduced to 3 other weanlings
      And then untied her.
       DONE.  when I left she was flying up and down the    fenceline calling mom. MOM was eating. Tomorrow she will be re tied with her new herdmates next to her for one hr- all 4 of them in a row. learning to stand still is important.
      One by one they are led away and then tied somewhere else. They have to learn to be independant and yet  happy, with humans

      ~*Susie*~
      (}~*~{)
      "The verb to love is hard to conjugate: Its past is not simple, its present is
      only indicative and its future is always conditional."