FW: Think Twice About A Walk on the Beach

  • EVE HADLOCK
    Message 1 of 24 , May 29, 2012

  • Nancy or MaryAnne
    Message 2 of 24 , May 29, 2012
      Hmm...never walk on the beach near the water, where Orca's thrive!  Yikes
      > Very graphic! He happened to be waving at a friend taking a film of
      > him, and it was his last wave!
      > Suppose his friend hadn't been filming, or even looking in that direction.....
      > He was just gone in less than a heartbeat.
      > He disappeared.

    • Patricia Harris
      Message 3 of 24 , May 29, 2012

        Very effective video... it was a commercial in Latin America, apparently.

        Tricia

        Patricia A. Harris
        Message 4 of 24 , May 29, 2012

          Thank God, I worry enough about sharks, lol!

          LAURA ELROD

          Very effective video... it was a commercial in Latin America , apparently.

          Tricia

          Patricia A. Harris

          [Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK included below]

          > > ----- Original Message ----- > Subject: Want to Take A Walk on the Beach? > > > The Orcas mistook this guy for a seal, > Very graphic! He happened to be waving at a friend taking a film of > him, and it was his last wave! > Suppose his friend hadn't been filming, or even looking in that direction..... > He was just gone in less than a heartbeat. > He disappeared. > > >

          1 of 1 File(s)

        • Margo Nielsen
          Message 5 of 24 , May 29, 2012
            Awful!

            On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM, EVE HADLOCK <sunarab@...> wrote:
            [Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK included below]

            View Margo's Architectural work at: www.nielsenhausdesigns.com
            View Margo's Animal Drawings at: http://anim8pics.jigsy.com/

          • Margo Nielsen
            Message 6 of 24 , May 29, 2012
              I had no idea that Orcas came that close to land!
              What was it a commercial for?
              Certainly not "Please come enjoy our beach (sometimes)"!

              On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Margo Nielsen <margon@...> wrote:

              Awful!

              On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM, EVE HADLOCK <sunarab@...> wrote:
              [Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK included below]

            • Alyson Russell
              Message 7 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                Don't worry, it is not real, it is an ad for a business in the Dominican Republic and has been altered....

              • Jeanniedee@aol.com
                Message 8 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                  Margo,

                  Read the snopes.com link. It is not real. It was an advertising gimmick for a retail store in the Dominican Republic a while back. But yes, orcas do come in to land like that to catch seals.

                  ~Jean~

                  Everything that lives,
                  Lives not alone, nor for itself.
                  -- William Blake, from Book of Thel

                  Message 9 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                    OMG--this is too funny! If you watch the video again carefully, you can see where they spliced the footage together! At the beginning, watch for the seals that are at the edge of the water--they sort of disappear and you can see how they photoshopped it together!

                    Message 10 of 24 , May 29, 2012
                      I did see the seals and thought they got swallowed up by the Orcas too.
                      I almost threw up when I saw this.
                      What a terrible commercial!

                      Message 11 of 24 , May 30, 2012
                        LOL.

                        Patricia A. Harris
                        I had no idea that Orcas came that close to land!
                        What was it a commercial for?
                        Certainly not "Please come enjoy our beach (sometimes)"!

                        On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Margo Nielsen <margon@...> wrote:
                        Awful!
                        On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM, EVE HADLOCK <sunarab@...> wrote:
                        [Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK included below]

                        > > ----- Original Message ----- > Subject: Want to Take A Walk on the Beach? > > > The Orcas mistook this guy for a seal, > Very graphic! He happened to be waving at a friend taking a film of> him, and it was his last wave! > Suppose his friend hadn't been filming, or even looking in that direction..... > He was just gone in less than a heartbeat. > He disappeared. > > > >> > > >

                        Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK
                        1 of 1 File(s)
                        View Margo's Architectural work at: www.nielsenhausdesigns.com
                        View Margo's Animal Drawings at: http://anim8pics.jigsy.com/

                        View Margo's Architectural work at: www.nielsenhausdesigns.com
                        View Margo's Animal Drawings at: http://anim8pics.jigsy.com/

                      • Rossin, Keria
                        Message 12 of 24 , May 30, 2012

                          Hmmm… no blood in the water.. so I have to wonder if this was faked.

                          [Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK included below]

                        • Meredith Russo
                          Message 13 of 24 , May 30, 2012
                            I WAS a fake - go to the snopes.com link someone posted!

                            Hmmm… no blood in the water.. so I have to wonder if this was faked.

                            A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
                            Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-92)

                            Hence, the effectiveness of Stephen Cobert...

                            Meredith Commons Russo
                            MCR WHIPS, LLC

                            Summer Address:
                            3 Chestnut Street
                            Bristol, RI  02809

                            Winter address:
                            P.O. Box 387
                            216 Naked Creek Lane
                            Bennettsville, SC  29512

                            401.529.3735

                          • critterkeeper127@aol.com
                            Message 14 of 24 , May 31, 2012

                              Orcas gotta eat too.
                              JennB

                              Message 15 of 24 , Jun 3 2:10 PM
                                On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 17:41 -0400, Nancy or MaryAnne wrote:
                                > Hmm...never walk on the beach near the water, where Orca's thrive!

                                Or if you must, make sure you take your lucky pencil. (That's the ad at
                                the end.)

                                Cindy Eliason
                              • Karen
                                Message 16 of 24 , Jun 3 5:36 PM
                                  Just so everyone knows....AJ has had some bad complications and is at Vanderbilt in critical condition...  AJ's mom, Ann, is a longtime member of the list.

                                  karen

                                  Message 17 of 24 , Jun 3 5:46 PM
                                    At 08:36 PM 6/3/2012, you wrote:

                                    Just so everyone knows....AJ has had some bad complications and is at Vanderbilt in critical condition...  AJ's mom, Ann, is a longtime member of the list.

                                    Hoping for the best as always.

                                    Keep us informed.

                                    Marv
                                  • Margo Nielsen
                                    Message 18 of 24 , Jun 3 5:46 PM
                                      I just read it on FB a couple of hours ago.
                                      He had been nauseous for the last day or two.
                                      Ann had posted that Adam (his dad) saved his life and got him to the Emergency Room. He is now in ICU.
                                      Margo

                                      On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Karen <maidkarend@...> wrote:

                                      Just so everyone knows....AJ has had some bad complications and is at Vanderbilt in critical condition...  AJ's mom, Ann, is a longtime member of the list.

                                      karen

                                      View Margo's Architectural work at: www.nielsenhausdesigns.com
                                      View Margo's Animal Drawings at: http://anim8pics.jigsy.com/

                                    • RHONDA LEVINSON
                                      Message 19 of 24 , Jun 3 5:49 PM
                                        In one of the comments she said that he was not breathing and unresponsive for almost ten minutes.  His dad kept working to resuscitate him until the emergency workers arrived.  They transported him to the local hospital and from there to Vanderbilt.  He's now having an allergic reaction to some of the meds.

                                        Rhonda

                                        To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com

                                        Message 20 of 24 , Jun 3 5:51 PM
                                          At Vanderbilt they determined that his kidneys are barely functioning.  He was alert enough to enjoy being airlifted, however.

                                          karen

                                          To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: margon@...
                                          Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 19:46:35 -0500

                                        • kathysfullmoon@aol.com
                                          Message 21 of 24 , Jun 3 5:56 PM
                                            Sendinf a Prayer.

                                            Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

                                            To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com

                                            Message 22 of 24 , Jun 3 5:56 PM

                                              My heart goes out to AJ and to Ann..  I wish them strength …

                                              Just so everyone knows....AJ has had some bad complications and is at Vanderbilt in critical condition...  AJ's mom, Ann, is a longtime member of the list.

                                              karen

                                              No virus found in this message.

                                            • Rossin, Keria
                                              Message 23 of 24 , Jun 4 5:16 AM

                                                Sending prayers to AJ and his family.

                                                keria

                                                My heart goes out to AJ and to Ann..  I wish them strength …

                                                Just so everyone knows....AJ has had some bad complications and is at Vanderbilt in critical condition...  AJ's mom, Ann, is a longtime member of the list.

                                                karen

                                                No virus found in this message.

                                              • Cindi
                                                Message 24 of 24 , Jun 4 5:43 AM
                                                  My thoughts and prayers go out to AJ, Ann and Adam.  Aj’s a fighter with tons of support.  Praying he can fight through this as well

                                                  Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 8:16 AM