Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Eve Hadlock

  • EVE HADLOCK
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 554 KB
    Such a nice Email.  I really appreciate all your help and ideas.  We will all be in the same boat someday.  I have listed my stuff on ebay again so as to raise some income for my next feed.  I almost killed my old grandma with the hay this year.  She was failing and then we bought these cubes and locked her in a stall to feed and she is starting to look like herself and act like herself again.  If you know of an experienced horsewoman that would like to adopt a Arab gelding, I would be more than glad to donate him if they would provide a forever home for him.  He is broke to ride but not trustworthy that is why I have not rode him and no place soft to land.  He would make a great beautiful dressage horse.  I have attached  a picture of him before he was gelded but he looks the same now just not in shape or clean.  LOL

    We paid multiple thousands 5 figures for him.  His blood line is "whose who of national championship bloodlines.  We gelded him due to the stallion side not having a good disposition,  too hard to handle.  He like his back feet too much and biting but now as a gelding he is getting very pleasant to be around and doing what I ask him.  My problem I will never trust him after his stallion years.  He doesn't like men.  He would make a great mount for some young woman who could put miles on him.  Our daughter rode him last over 8 yrs ago.

    Eve

    Message 2 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012

      Why not try listing your stuff on Craig’s list.  I hear that rocks and there is NO fee.  No bidding either but lots of people are now going there rather than on eBay.

      Only person I know who might want an Arab is a friend of mine but she needs a safe safe safe horse.  So he might not be for her.  My chiropractor does endurance but she’s determined to get a Walker (she has a Morab she does it with now).

      You might want to think about listing him – the only problem with that is you have no control once someone else has him…. That’s hard.

      [Attachment(s) from EVE HADLOCK included below]

      Message 3 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012
        Yeah I was going to try that too as well as putting some furniture in my front yard for sale.  LOL  I will look needy.  LOL

        Message 4 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012

          Call it an “Estate Sale” and you can double your prices. Hahahahhahaa!

          Message 5 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012
            Great idea.  There is something about ESTATE that gets them I sure don't know what.

            Message 6 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012

              Well the word estate evokes the thought of priceless family heirlooms while the term garage sale bring to mind a pile of crap you are just now getting around to tossing out.

              Message 7 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012
                At 03:34 PM 3/23/2012, you wrote:
                Well the word estate evokes the thought of priceless family heirlooms while the term garage sale bring to mind a pile of crap you are just now getting around to tossing out.

                A friend of mine's mother had a chair she put out at her yard sales for years
                for a few dollars with little interest.  My friend suggested her mother crank
                the price way up.  The chair was the first thing that sold at the next yard sale.

                Marv "People will buy a carload of one of a kind items." Walker
              • Margo Nielsen

[...]

                  1 of 1 Photo(s)

                  --
                  www.nielsenhausdesigns.com
                • EVE HADLOCK
                  Message 9 of 23 , Mar 23, 2012
                    February 9 1997.....

                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012

                      My Husband is a builder.  Atlanta area will be slower “coming back” than other areas.

                      We are going to sell our vegetables this summer, get chickens for eggs and I’m doing a “Pony Birthday Party”, today.  If you don’t have ridable horses, maybe a farm party.

                      In my area parents are always looking for a different kind of party besides skating, jump zone, bowling, etc.  Those partys run $200 and up for 15 kids.

                      I charge $175 for 2 hours and they bring everything.  That gives them access to farm and a ride on old Blaze.  Of course I lead them around.  This will be my second party.

                      Last spring I gave beginner lessons to my friends kids.  $45/hr.   I know you said you didn’t have a horse to ride, I bet a friend has an old one to borrowJ

                      Just an idea…..

                      I’m actually enjoying it!

                      I’m praying for you situation, Eve!!

                      LAURA ELROD

                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                        I am working on a ridable horse but in order to do those parties you need insurance of which I cant afford.  If one of your guest get hurt on your property or on your horse "OLD BLAZE" you will loose your ASS.  Been in the commercial side of the horse business for 35 yrs or more horse people can be pretty dirty.  They will use and abuse your goodwill.  My very first horse was killed by one of our clients by riding her too hard when told not too and putting her up wet and leaving and telling us what they had done.  We have advertised for Riding lessons, clinics, hubby has been a clinician.  I am an active Ebayer.  We have advertised to do yard work, handyman,  We are not LDS and live in a heavy influenced LDS community.  Our neighbors are wonderful but church comes first and they all get if there is any jobs through their network.  Just hard times.  The people in this area of the country don't want to know nutrition for their horses cause they couldn't afford to provide their horses that nutrition.  Feed very high here.  Its absolutely ridiculous.   We have now opened our new retail human health and wellness products website in order to create more income but its slow starting.  No one has extra and these farmers here are very greedy.  Even the Cube Mfgr is putting rocks in their products so it weighs more.  I imagine one of these days it will kill one of the horses or break their teeth but you cant buy anything else and you cant afford to buy retail and of course this is the mfg that provides to the local retail feed stores.  Vicious circle.  Horse ownership is just becoming a sport for the wealthy which we are not anymore.  We have been workers all of our lives and due to health and age problems we are gradually going to be getting rid of or age depletion of our beloved girls.  That is just life anymore.  Reality has hit......

                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                          I feel your pain Eve I'm a disabled vet and living on a tightly fixed income. There are a couple months including this one where the only way i could get feed for the critters was by cleaning up and dismantling some of the metal items around the property and selling them for scrap. All i can say is good luck and keep plugging away at it :)
                          Eric

                        • Charles
                          Message 13 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012

                            I’m with Margo how old is he?

                            Message 14 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                              February 9 1997!

                              Message 15 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                                Hi Eric,

                                Thanks for your service to our country.     I appreciate that you gave us all so very much.    What part of the country do you live in, and what critters do you have?

                                I am sorry to hear that you are idealing with a difficult situation.

                                Best,
                                Tricia

                                Patricia A. Harris

                                  Message 17 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                                    15 years... that's not a bad age!
                                    Margo

                                    On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Charles <charles@...> wrote:

                                    I’m with Margo how old is he?

                                    Message 18 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012

                                      Somebody found ours before we could do it.

                                      Message 19 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                                      He's gorgeous! My neighbor has his twin, Blaze, who is about 12 years old,... quite a handful.
                                      This is Blaze in the picture below, on a Toys for Tots Trail Ride.

                                      Margo

                                      On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM, EVE HADLOCK <sunarab@...> wrote:

                                      February 9 1997!

                                      Message 20 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                                        My yard was full of construction junk when I moved here. I got rid of most of it in the beginning. As the horses' hooves churn up the sand, more and more appear. I find things like rusty old hammers, iron water pipe and the occasional electric cable. Then there's the AC window unit that dies, etc.
                                        Margo

                                        Message 21 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012
                                          No it really isn't but no one wants to buy one that old for a show horse that isn't show ready and he isn't.

                                          Message 22 of 23 , Mar 24, 2012

                                            Hi Eric,

                                            Thanks for your service to our country.     I appreciate that you gave us all so very much.    What part of the country do you live in, and what critters do you have?

                                            I am sorry to hear that you are idealing with a difficult situation.

                                            Best,
                                            Tricia

                                            Its all good ..... from the cradle to the grave life is a fight for all of us.... we just face different opponents is all. For each of us we have times when the struggle is easier and times that its not so much.  As far as critters we have the usual horses, dogs, teenage boys that kinda thing :) plus a couple of birds and a snake and we are in central Texas.
                                            still smiling
                                            Eric