Off topic anyone see one of these?

  • kathysfullmoon@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012

    Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™
  • Rossin, Keria
    Message 2 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012

      It looks like a turtle… or am I stating the obvious here.  Awfully iridescent though.  k

      Message 3 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
        Is a turtle of but never that color.

        Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

        RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] Off topic anyone see one of these?

        It looks like a turtle… or am I stating the obvious here.  Awfully iridescent though.  k

        Message 4 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012

          Do you have a local zoo that might identify it…. Would be interesting to find out what it is.  Most zoos have a herpetologist – I think those are the ones that study turtles, I know they study amphibians and I think that includes turtles.

          Message 5 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
            I didn't see a link for it or any image...
            I tried clicking on the word "Attachment(s)" but nothing happened.
            Margo

            Message 6 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
              Okay... I see it on the original email...
              It almost looks like a beetle.
              Is it something that you found?
              Margo

              On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM, kathysfullmoon@... <KATHYSFULLMOON@...> wrote:
              [Attachment(s) from kathysfullmoon@... included below]

              Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

              Attachment(s) from kathysfullmoon@...

              1 of 1 Photo(s)

              Message 7 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
                Yes I found it. Puppy was playing with it. Guess I will put it back where I think it was. Just have never seen anything like it.

                Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

                Message 8 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
                  I'd find out if it's an indigenous species or something someone brought home then lost or turned loose first.  Poor little guy might not be able to make it where you live if he's not a native species.  Or he may live and breed altering the genetics of the native turtles and leading to a variety of other problems for the local ecosystem.
                  Jenn

                  Yes I found it. Puppy was playing with it. Guess I will put it back where I think it was. Just have never seen anything like it.

                  Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

                  [MarvWalkerHorses] Off topic anyone see one of these? [1 Attachment]

                  Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™
                • Margo Nielsen
                  Message 9 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012
                    Good idea! I'd be interested to hear.
                    Margo

                    Message 10 of 10 , Mar 12, 2012

                      Your states version of fish wildlife and parks should be able to give you an idea if its native or "exotic" or if you have a local hematological society they may be able to help.personally i've never seen a turtle (or maybe tortoise looking at the shell) with that kind of coloration but my knowledge is pretty limited ( snakes and lizards mostly)
                      Eric