Help little Howard Yorkie.

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 16, 2012
    The other day I came across a plea for help with a dog suffering from cancer
    and I thought, "I can help some."  Why, with all the requests for help on the
    net, choose this one?  I have no real answer other than it struck me that I
    can't help with all of them but if I help with none of them it will make me
    more heartless and that is one thing I don't need to be.

    I'm going to do something to help the dog's owner with the costs of treating
    her dog.  He has bladder cancer, which is very serious.

    In addition to donating personally, I'm going to give the list the opportunity
    to do what it has numerous times over the years and to feel good by being a
    part of something positive.

    February 1 is the dog's next visit to the oncologist...

    My beautiful Yorkie, Howard, has cancer. On February 1, Howard will have a physical
    exam, complete blood count, serum chemistry, and a dose of chemo with mitoxantrone.
    An ultrasound will monitor the status of his tumor. I need help paying for his treatment.

    In addition to this trip he will need a couple more sessions.

    Animals have given me far more than I can ever repay and I have been in this
    situation myself so I understand what this person is going through.

    If you need to feel good about something you have done send a donation by
    http://PayPal.com to Marv@... (subject "Howard") or personal
    check to Marv Walker, 1202 Old Agateville, Hillsboro, GA  31038.  Any
    amount will be appreciated by all concerned, especially you, when you think
    you sent much needed help in this time of distress for this pair.

    Marv "Thank you for Howard's sake." Walker
  • Anne Albee
    Message 2 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012

      How does one find out if it's true or a scam?

    • Jones
      Message 3 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
        One way to check out requests for help is to ask if you may make payments directly to the patient's account at the clinic.  If the owner (or family member, if it's for humans) allows this, he/she should give you the office address, and you can confirm it through a routine search that it exists and provides that type of treatment.

        I would not be surprised to learn that Marv has already checked this out before sharing.

        JanisCJ (hoping never to have to ask for help, and whose husband had his first chemo yesterday and is starting radiation today)
        Message 4 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
          How does one find out if it's true or a scam?

          By verifying as best one can.  In this case calling CVS Veterinary Services
          and giving them the money on his behalf instead of the person.  I have her
          identity and will be providing it at the proper time.

          Does that mean we still won't get taken?  Nope.  But one does as much due
          diligence as one can and hopes for the best.

          Has the list been taken before.  Sure.  Not often, but it has happened but
          the important thing is not the results, it's the effort.  Will Howard survive?
          Maybe not but the chances are greater he won't if no one steps forward.
          Even being taken has done little to sour the giving attitude of this list.

          Marv "Don't send more than you're willing to lose." Walker
        • margon (Clearwire)
          Message 5 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
            I hope Howard recovers.

            I had to put Spot (my horse dog) to sleep last April because his internal tumors grew so fast and extensively that there was no chance for surgery or any other treatment. He was already 12 but wasn't showing any sign of slowing down. Then all of a sudden he was gone in 3 months!

            Friskie (age 15) has tumors now. The vet was able to remove one from her leg, but now she has them inside too. When she had her surgery over a year ago he said she might have 2 months or two years. She's still pretty perky, but deafness and blindness are setting in, so I don't think she will make the two year mark.

            Margo

            --
            www.nielsenhausdesigns.com
          • margon (Clearwire)
            Message 6 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
              Janis,

              I hope your husband responds to the treatment.
              I had a friend with cancer who was sure she was dying. She went through a year of treatment and is still going strong 5 years later!
              They've made so much progress in treatments and are able to personalize it for each individual that the prospects for recovery are very good!

              Margo

            • castleeden2@aol.com
              Message 7 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
                Margo, I would try giving her essiac tea... it may help,
                julie
                Friskie (age 15) has tumors now. The vet was able to remove one from her leg, but now she has them inside too. When she had her surgery over a year ago he said she might have 2 months or two years. She's still pretty perky, but deafness and blindness are setting in, so I don't think she will make the two year mark.

                Margo

                 Julie Howard, CMT
                Healing Touch Therapeutic Massage
                9242A Mosby Street
                Manassas, Va 20110
                703-530-0100

                Message 8 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012

                  Janis,

                  I never did get your update awhile back but see  your Hubby is  moving forward with cancer tx.

                  I will say prayers for u both.

                  I am a cancer conqueror and know the fear involved with it.

                  Hang in there!!!  I recommend a book called “fearless” by Max lucado.

                  It helped meJ

                  LAURA ELROD

                      Message 11 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
                        Maybe the other ingredient is Bloodroot... I know that works.
                        It worked for my vet and he gave it to me for Cherokee's tumor, and it worked for another human friend of mine.

                        Margo (I'll look it up)

                        Message 12 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
                          this is it....  you can buy it at most health food stores..
                          also read the life of Rene Caisse -- extremely interesting,
                          julie

                          6 ½ cups of burdock root (cut)*
                          1 pound of sheep sorrel herb   powdered
                          1/4 pound of slippery elm bark   powdered
                          1 ounce of Turkish rhubarb root    powdered

                          Message 13 of 14 , Jan 17, 2012
                            Margo,
                            another thing that works is LDN/Low Dose Naltrexone --  there's good research ongoing in the UK on this -- Naltrexone is a drug for heroin addicts -- acts as an opiate blocker --  it's an Rx but easy to get, highly effective and very inexpensive ---
                            I've also heard, recently, that tumeric is anti tumoral and very effective --
                            julie

                            Message 14 of 14 , Jan 18, 2012
                              I have some.  I can send some if u would like to try.  Looks gross fixed but  if it works well worth it.