Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Old people and old horses

  • Sherry Lindon
    Message 1 of 68 , Jan 1, 2012
      aug. 10.

      sher in ohio

      From: Susan Ferrozzo <sferrozzo@...>
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Old people and old horses

      april 21st   she is a half arab small but a moves like a big horse! my birthday is july 7 when is yours?   susan   MN

      On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Sherry Lindon <lindonontime@...> wrote:

      How neat! April what?  Time's is April 12, 1981.

      sher in ohio

      Message 68 of 68 , Jan 8, 2012
        These are really wonderful links -- fascinating!

        Lea

        On Jan 5, 2012, at 10:00 AM, ew wrote:

        LOL There was a reason the cavalry were taught to post a trot... and even the cowboys appreciated a gaited horse over distance..

        Here's a link to the "palfreys" (gaited) pre-trotters

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palfrey

        Spanish Jennet (the original mustangs are said to be descended from the Spanish Jennet)

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennet

        And here's some fun on the cavalry and trotting....

        http://cavalrytales.wordpress.com/

        And here's some real experience:

        http://www.tankbooks.com/interviews/albee1.htm

        AnitaW