Re: respecting space

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
      Identifiers removed for posting to http://MarvWalker.com/horslist.htm

      >Hello Mr. Walker
      >
      >I'm 13 and not very experienced with horses (about a year). I was
      >just wondering, is there a certain way to get your horse to move his
      >but away from you at all times and always face you, or does it come
      >with joining up in the round pen and respecting you as a leader.
      >Also, should a horse be corrected if for example you are grooming
      >him and you need to turn him so you go to his hip and apply pressure
      >and he doesn't move his butt away? If yes how should he be
      >corrected? With more pressure?
      >
      >One more thing (sorry), i'm getting the hang of pressure and release
      >while riding, but i'm not as comfortable on the ground. Any tips??
      >
      >Thank You
      >
      >Sorry for asking so many questions

      I don't want the horse to face me at all times. I only want the
      horse to face me
      when I want him to face me.

      If I'm grooming the horse and I'm standing at the hip and want the
      horse to move
      over I say, "Over." If it does not move I give it a jab with my
      thumb, curry comb,
      whatever and repeat the "Over." I use a light jab at first then
      simply increase the
      force until the horse complies. When it has moved enough, I say,
      "Whoa!" (Stop
      moving.)

      Respecting space is acknowledging leadership. Send any email to
      Bonder@...
      for a free procedure that will go a long way toward acknowledging
      your leadership.

      Best to you,

      Marv "What instrument did the Duracell Bunny play anyway?" Walker
    • Julie Howard CMT
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
        drum,
        Marv "What instrument did the Duracell Bunny play anyway?" Walker

         Julie Howard, CMT
        Healing Touch Therapeutic Massage
        9242A Mosby Street
        Manassas, Va 20110
        703-530-0100

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
          drum,
          Marv "What instrument did the Duracell Bunny play anyway?" Walker

          Marv "Nope!!! I always get a charge out of that question." Walker
        • Julie Howard CMT

            Marv "What instrument did the Duracell Bunny play anyway?" Walker

            Marv "Nope!!! I always get a charge out of that question." Walker
          • Marv Walker
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011

              cymbal?

            • Jeanniedee@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
                There is no Duracell bunny!

                That was an Eveready commercial! LOL!

                ~Jean~

                Everything that lives,
                Lives not alone, nor for itself.
                -- William Blake, from Book of Thel

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
                  At 09:35 PM 3/1/2011, you wrote:

                  There is no Duracell bunny!

                  That was an Eveready commercial! LOL!

                  True.  It were an Energizer Bunny!  And it played a drum.

                  Marv "And now I shall retire this before I present a Bugtong." Walker
                • Julie Howard CMT

                  • revdavekeith@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011
                      Sort of like the old puzzle, "How many animals of EACH kind (not how many kinds) did Moses take in the Ark with him?

                      Marv "What instrument did the Duracell Bunny play anyway?" Walker

                      Marv "Nope!!! I always get a charge out of that question." Walker
                    • Jones
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 2, 2011

                        Was that before or after Noah led his people across the parted waters of Galilee?

                        JanisCJ

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 3, 2011
                          Somewhat before Goliath got stoned (or was it rocked to sleep?)