Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Poop question

  • margon (Clearwire)
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1 4:43 AM
      We have plenty of gringos here in Texas with similar methods, including hitting an uncooperative horse in the head with a 2 x 4.

      On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:47 PM, EVE HADLOCK <sunarab@...> wrote:

      That's the Mexicans for you.  Uncaring to animals.

      From: K.Cappis <ashke@...>
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, May 31, 2010, 7:18 AM

      I have fed grass clippings, but  I also spread them around and let grass dry some before I allow the horses snack on it. never had a colic episode doing this.
      Kim

      From: Keith Jordan <kljordan@kcweb. net>
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 8:16 PM

      Agree.  The grass clippings are OK the same day you cut the lawn but they will mold in a day or so and could be fatal.  If the compost pile is covered it works better and the horses can't get into it. If you build it the earthworms will come.

      Keith

      From: EVE HADLOCK <sunarab@gmail. com>
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 6:49 PM

      Start a compost pile put all your grass clippings and leftovers in it.  Put some earthworms in it and turn it ever so often to break it down.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1 6:38 AM
        On Monday 31 May 2010 10:18:23 am K.Cappis wrote:
        > I have fed grass clippings, but  I also spread them around and let grass
        > dry some before I allow the horses snack on it. never had a colic episode
        > doing this.

        Cut grass, handled properly, is hay!

        Cindy Eliason