Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] albino raccoons

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 20 , May 1, 2010
      My grey isn't loud.  Lots of chatter, but never any screeching.

      karen

      Message 2 of 20 , May 1, 2010
        Actually, I have never known a really noisy grey--mostly they just talk a lot, occasionally make other noises: bird calls, car alarms, whatever--but they don't scream or screech at all.  Now, if you want to hear NOISE, got over to my neighbor's place--she has macaws! LOL!

        OH YEAH!!!!

        We have an open cage B&G on the front porch.  If a leaf falls at the other end
        of the farm she has to warn the world.  There is no more dedicated watch dog
        than Grace.  I pity the trespasser who tries to silence her.  There will be blood
        and fingers laying all over the porch.

        Marv "Bob.  Bob!  Bob!!  BOB.  BOB!  BOB!!  BOB!!!  BA-A-A-B-B-BBBBB!!!!" Walker
      • sunset6164@aol.com
        Message 3 of 20 , May 3, 2010
          In a message dated 4/30/2010 4:15:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, maidkarend@... writes:
          I can cuddle my Grey upside down on my lap.  I wouldn't try that with a raccoon!

          I can and do with our raccoon.... He even cuddles up in the dog bed with the dog.
        • Laura Elrod
          Message 4 of 20 , May 4, 2010
            Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] albino raccoons

            My cousin rescued a baby raccoon AND  at one point an opossum. Both were good pets.  The raccoon came and went and hung around in the trees in the back yard and would come when you called her.  Ate cat food and used the litter box.  One day she left around 2 years old.  They hoped she found a baby daddy.

            I kept the opossum while on their vacation twice.  His name was magoo (they are fairly blind) and Id put him in the garage at night with boxes to roam around in.  He was very sweet and calm and could even bath him.  He also ate cat food and used the litter box!  He LOVED my bottles of perfume and would drool on them.  Again, they were rescues, and the local vet wasnt happy with my cousin, but ended up vaccinating themMagoo died at the average age of 3.

            LAURA ELROD