Nice item re: rescued "bad" horse

  • Jones
    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 1, 2009
      I like his name, too.
      JanisCJ

      FWD:

       Real cowboys DO ride Saddlebreds!! This photo is Longtime Natural Horsemanship student and Clinician, Chuck Kraft,
      aboard his dashing Saddlebred, "Miracle on 34th Street." Chuck is longtime personal friend of Pat and Linda Parelli's, and teaches the Parelli methods at his ranch, "Sweetwater Corral" in Western Washington. Chuck Specializes in handling horses that have been labled extremely dangerous and are faced with euthanasia. "Miracle" was listed on a Saddlebred rescue list 4 years ago as a dangerous biting horse in need of rescue and rehabilitation. He's no longer a biting horse, and Chuck uses him to teach driving clinics, and as a lesson horse.
    • CJ Newcomb
      Message 44 of 44 , Oct 12, 2009
        I know EXACTLY what you mean April - my daughter is always yelling at me not to use my spur so much, just my calf, but my thighs are so "meaty" that it makes my lower legs stick out. I can't physically "wrap" my legs around my horses barrel - too much flesh in the way.  But I am short and stout and she is tall and thin.

        Ah, youth.

        Cindy

        --- On Mon, 10/12/09, April Garner <april.garner@...> wrote:

        Certain friends are always on me about my toes pointing out…I tried explaining it’s because my legs are so short.  I can turn my toes in and they still look like they’re pointing out…What can you do?  LOL