RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] was Brushy questions, now weather

  • CJ Newcomb
    Message 1 of 60 , Sep 1, 2009
      Yes, that would seriously depress me.  I like the first big storm around Christmas and then can't wait until spring..  And my number 1 depression trigger is WIND.  It just howls around my house.

      Cindy

      From: Alexis Geiger <araven281@yahoo. com>
      Subject: Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] Brushy questions...
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, August 30, 2009, 12:34 AM

      We are in Western NY.  This year has been cold and wet!!  Nothing but rain, rain and more rain!!  Only good thing about this abnormal chilly weather is the bugs don't pester the horses as bad..  :(

      ~~___(\
      .../< >\

      A Dog looks up to a man,
      A cat looks down on a man,
      But a patient horse looks a man in the eye and sees him as an equal.

      From: Patricia Harris <pharris7700@ yahoo.com>
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, August 28, 2009, 10:24 PM

      Lordy, I would give anything to live where the temps are in the 40s at night and barely hit 70 during the day.   I'm in NJ and the heat and humidity for the past several weeks has been horrid.   I can't move in this heat.    Where are you?   I'll trade.

      Tricia

      Patricia Ann Harris

      From: CJ Newcomb <newcombcj50@ yahoo.com>
      To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, August 28, 2009, 10:16 AM

      I do have one little good horsey thing that happened yesterday - I stood up to my trainer about the whole training fork thing and we did reach a compromise - a western running martingale.  Anyway I trailered over to the local 4H fairground and got permission to have my training session in the big arena - I hope to show this fall in a beginner adult class and wanted Reagan to have some time to himself in the arena so he's not a total flip out at the show.  He spooked predictably so many times it actually became funny.  I was relaxed amazingly - the arena is filled with gravel and sand and each time he'd throw up some gravel it would "ping" the metal fence they had there and he'd go 6 feet sideways and then snort.  In the end, though, he eventually settled down and I feel we had a very good ride.

      Cindy

      Message 60 of 60 , Sep 1, 2009