RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] Testing group

  • CJ Newcomb
    Message 1 of 107 , Jul 1, 2009
      Great Pyrenees are great dogs, but beware - the ones that come in the animal hospital get very old very fast - most only live 6 - 8 years, and the last 2 years have lots of health problems. Their hips and back legs fail, many of them develop tumors and skin conditions and they have the Saint Bernard/Newfoundland slobber mouths and bad breath.  But I've not seen a mean one yet.  A friend of mine had a beautiful one that developed very bad arthritis at 6 and died before she was 7.  Poor thing could barely walk or get up and down the last 4 months or so.  Their coats are gorgeous though - beautiful snowy white and thick.

      Cindy

      --- On Wed, 7/1/09, April Garner <april.garner@...> wrote:

      Great Pyrenees.  My friend’s husband has Boer goats and hair sheep.  He keeps burros with them for protection.  Llamas are also great protectors! J

    • CJ Newcomb
      Message 107 of 107 , Jul 6, 2009
        I guess I was trying to say in a nice way that they were not mongrels and the owners were not class challenged.  I would resort to euphemisms, but don't feel like dodging flames, lol.

        Cindy

        From: Nancy or MaryAnne <NMALEC@stny. rr.com>
        To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 8:36 PM

        Hmm..
        I have 4 dogs who are fed a raw food diet, and they do not smell, and their poop, disappears into the earth, do I sense hostility on people feeding a raw diet?? also, one of the best things about feeding raw, is the fact, one does not have to bring their very healthy pets to the vet....Nancy
        From: CJ Newcomb <newcombcj50@ yahoo.com>
        To: MarvWalkerHorses@ yahoogroups. com
        Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 6:53 AM

        Would there be a reason why dogs fed the raw diet smell so bad?  P. U. - they come in to the animal hospital and we have to mop everywhere when they leave.
        Cindy