RE: [MarvWalkerHorses] Janis--to Jean and others...

  • Connie B
    Message 1 of 102 , Nov 1, 2006
      Jean You better not stop posting.

      That was one thing I noticed about Janis she wasn't asking for money she was just letting all of us know what was happening.

      You know some of us learn from our mistakes and then some of us keep making the same mistakes over and over.

      There comes a day that you wake up and you don't want to go on, then you look around and see what you have, you then take one day at a time and try and not look back at the mistakes that got you in to this in the first place.

      Connie

      Jean <smoothspots38@...> wrote:
      Amy:

      Nothing personal, I ws just replying to what you wrote (below).

      As far as "old" listers--I am one of the originals!

      And of course, there are many sides to any story.  I was just trying to defend an old friend who is no longer here, anyway...

      So, I will stop posting also.

      ~Jean

      Mustang Amy <mustangamy@collierc lan.com> wrote:
      Maybe you need to chat more with some of the “old” list members.  Not all of them feel the same way you do.
      Anyway, don’t make this MY issue….I didn’t bring it up.
      Amy

      Message 102 of 102 , Nov 6, 2006
        --- In MarvWalkerHorses@yahoogroups.com, "Mustang Amy"
        <mustangamy@...> wrote:

        Annette, give your Dad a hug for me. My mother left when I was 10
        and my sister just 8yrs. (She completed her midwifery training,
        earned more than Dad, was not asked for maintenance and sued for
        half the property. Dad took a 2nd mortgage, kept all of us,was never
        in debt, but I had no idea how close to the breadline we lived.I was
        never hungry.) He also cared for his elderly parents, grew
        vegetables for all of us and worked full time. He had a date when I
        was 21, and then asked me how he could let the lady down gently as
        she wanted to move in. He always made our home a friendly place for
        our friends and usually took a full car load to Pony Club and Young
        Farmers meetings and dances.He would wait at the bar/coffee lounge
        or get the very young and very old joining in.He threatened to sell
        my pony when at 13 I looked as if I might find boys interesting, I
        would n't have time for both, which did i want? Boys waited another
        6+yrs! He took us to church and whena lady moved from Uganda, very
        rare to see people of a different colour at that time, he asked her
        if I might meet her, talk with her and hear about someone else's
        life. He knew me better than I did. He tolerated my selfish lacking
        compassion teens and let me discuss anything. He blushed terribly
        when asked about menstruation, buying bra's etc, so he always got
        asked anything that might get a reaction. He packed a lot in and
        loved me enough for several lifetimes, so even though he died in
        1981, I never wonder if I was loved. His funeral made me so proud,
        people I did not know kept telling me of kindesses and help he had
        given, to the old folks home, the childrens home, lots of
        individuals, I have no idea where he found the time or energy.
        So go on, give your Dad a hug for me, he is like my Dad and deserves
        recognition whilst he is here.
        Even the night he died 2 lads I knew had called by with a car
        problem, Dad could do anything with wood, but he was no mechanic,
        but he went and gave them a push after making them a pot of tea.

        I think when there are problems a man sticks it out, most divorces
        are initiated by women, who may not have told their husbands they
        have a problem!
        Enough I am supposed to be reading all the homework Gwen sets on her
        fantastic, interesting and laugh a minute hoof course.
        Love Susie xx

        _______
        > ________
        > Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small
        Business