Re: [MarvWalkerHorses] How many?...

  • Patricia Harris
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 1 2:38 AM
      Funny.   :-)

      Tricia

      Patricia Ann Harris

      --- On Sun, 2/1/09, Kathy Krudwig <umkkrudwig@...> wrote:
      From: Kathy Krudwig <umkkrudwig@...>
      Subject: [MarvWalkerHorses] How many?...
      To: marvwalkerhorses@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 12:21 AM

      This recently came across a group I'm on and I thought I'd post it here.  It really is true, too.  Always a good laugh!

      Kathy =^..^=

      I came across the below info on the "internets". =) In light of recent events, I thought you all might enjoy this (I made a slight alteration):

      HOW MANY Yahoo Group HORSE OWNERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

      *One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

      *Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

      *Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

      *Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

      *Five to flame the spell checkers.

      *Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

      *Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

      *Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

      *Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

      *Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

      *Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

      *Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work *best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

      *Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

      *Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

      *Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

      *Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

      *Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

      *Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

      *Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

      *Three to tell a funny story about their horses and a light bulb.

      -AND-

      *One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

    • Kathy Krudwig
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 1 3:05 AM
        Doesn't it seem like the funniest ones are the ones where we see ourselves?  LOL

        Kathy =^..^=

        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1 5:43 AM
          */How many horses does it take to change a light bulb?/*
          *
          /Thoroughbred/: Who ME?? Do WHAT? I'm scared of light bulbs! I'm outta
          here!

          /Arabian/: I changed it an hour ago. C'mon you guys - catch up!

          /Quarter Horse/: Put all the bulbs in a pen and tell me which one you want.

          /Standardbred/: Oh for Pete's Sake, give me the darn bulb and let's be
          done with it.

          /Shetland/: Give it to me. I'll kill it and we won't have to worry
          about it anymore.

          /Friesian/: I would, but I can't see where I'm going from behind all
          this mane.

          /Belgian/: Put the Shetland on my back, maybe he can reach it then.

          /Warmblood:/ Is the 2nd Level Instruction Packet in English? Doesn't
          anyone realize that I was sold for $75K as a yearling, but only because
          my hocks are bad, otherwise I would be worth $100K? I am NOT changing
          light bulbs. Make the TB get back here and do it.

          /Morgan:/ Me! Me! Me! Pleeease let me! I wanna do it! I'm gonna do it!
          I know how, really I do! Just watch! I'll rewire the barn after, too.

          /Appaloosa/: Ya'll are a bunch of losers. We don't need to change the
          light bulb, I ain't scared of the dark. And someone make that darn
          Morgan stop jumping up and down before I double barrel him.

          /Haflinger/: That thing I ate was a light bulb?

          /Mustang/: Light bulb? Let's go on a trail ride, instead. And camp. Out
          in the open like **REAL** horses.

          /Lipizzaner/: Hah, amateurs. I will change the light bulb. Not only
          that, but I will do it while standing on my hind legs and balancing it
          on my nose, after which I will perform seven flying lead changes in a
          row and a capriole. Can you do that? Huh? Huh? Didn't think so.

          /Miniature:/ I bet you think I can't do it just cause I'm small. You
          know what that is? It's sizeism!

          /Akhal Teke/: I will only change it if it's my owner's light bulb and
          no one else has ever touched it.

          /Andalusian/: I will delegate the changing of the light bulb to my
          personal groom after he finishes shampooing my mane and cleaning my
          saddle, but only on the condition that it is changed for a soft blue or
          green bulb, which reflects better off my coat while I exhibit my
          astonishing gaits.

          /Cleveland Bay/: I'm busy. Make the whipper-in and the hounds do it.

          /Saddlebred/: My ears are up already, please, please get the light bulb
          away from me! I'm ready to show, really, I promise I'll win!*
          *
          /Paint/: Put all the light bulbs in a pen, tell me which one you want,
          and my owner will bet you twenty bucks I can get it before the quarter
          horse.

          /POA/: I'm not changing it. I'm the one who kicked the old one and
          broke it in the first place, remember? Now, excuse me, I have a grain
          room to break into.

          /Grade Horse/: Guys? Um, guys? I hope you don't mind, but I went ahead
          and changed it while you were all arguing.

          /Brood Mare/: Oh my god, it's light in here, it's supposed to be dark
          at this time in December, shit, now I'm in heat again.*

          Kathy Krudwig wrote:

          > This recently came across a group I'm on and I thought I'd post it
          > here. It really is true, too. Always a good laugh!
          >
          > Kathy =^..^=
          >

          > I came across the below info on the "internets". =) In light of
          > recent events, I thought you all might enjoy this (I made a slight
          > alteration):
          >
          > HOW MANY Yahoo Group HORSE OWNERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
          >

          > *One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has
          > been changed.
          >
          > *Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
          > how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
          >
          > *Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
          >
          > *Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
          > changing light bulbs.
          >
          > *Five to flame the spell checkers.
          >
          > *Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.
          >
          > *Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
          >
          > *Another six to condemn those six as stupid.
          >
          > *Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the
          > correct spelling.
          >
          > *Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to
          > please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
          >
          > *Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use
          > light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
          >
          > *Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
          > superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light
          > bulbs work *best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
          >
          > *Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light
          > bulbs.
          >
          > *Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post
          > the corrected URL.
          >
          > *Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are
          > relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this
          > group.
          >
          > *Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
          > including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
          >
          > *Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because
          > they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
          >
          > *Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
          >
          > *Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
          > questions about light bulbs"
          >
          > *Three to tell a funny story about their horses and a light bulb.
          >
          > -AND-
          >
          > *One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from
          > now and start it all over again.

        • Gordon
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 1 5:52 AM
            Gotta admit that I like both the old version and this new one, ...-and with my two I keep getting awful visions of them following the power lines and 're-designing' the power-station generators as well!!<VBG>
            Gordon

            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 1 5:56 AM
              <G>, Gosh! That is an even more comprehensive version than those I remember from years ago!

              Gordon.

              Kathy Krudwig wrote:

              > This recently came across a group I'm on and I thought I'd post it
              > here.  It really is true, too.  Always a good laugh!
              >
              > Kathy =^..^=
              >

              >     I came across the below info on the "internets". =) In light of
              >     recent events, I thought you all might enjoy this (I made a slight
              >     alteration):
              >
              >     HOW MANY Yahoo Group HORSE OWNERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
              >

              >     *One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has
              >     been changed.
              >
              >     *Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
              >     how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
              >
              >     *Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
              >
              >     *Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
              >     changing light bulbs.
              >
              >     *Five to flame the spell checkers.
              >
              >     *Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.
              >
              >     *Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
              >
              >     *Another six to condemn those six as stupid.
              >
              >     *Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the
              >     correct spelling.
              >
              >     *Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to
              >     please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
              >
              >     *Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use
              >     light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
              >
              >     *Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
              >     superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light
              >     bulbs work *best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
              >
              >     *Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light
              >     bulbs.
              >
              >     *Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post
              >     the corrected URL.
              >
              >     *Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are
              >     relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this
              >     group.
              >
              >     *Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
              >     including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
              >
              >     *Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because
              >     they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
              >
              >     *Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
              >
              >     *Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
              >     questions about light bulbs"
              >
              >     *Three to tell a funny story about their horses and a light bulb.
              >
              >     -AND-
              >
              >     *One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from
              >     now and start it all over again.

            • Amy Collier

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 1 7:08 AM

                  BTW….I didn’t see one about the person who makes sure everyone keeps “light bulbs” in the subject line.

                  Amy

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 1 7:16 AM

                    That’s Marv…

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 1 7:20 AM
                      And they no doubt would be spelled correctly.

                      karen

                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 1 7:29 AM
                        "And they no doubt would be spelled correctly."

                        NOT when my spell chekker isn't working!  -Witch it isn't just now!<G>

                        Gordon
[...]

                      • margon (Clearwire)
                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 1 7:46 AM
                          The list of "how many?" is deficient by at least...

                          "2...to point out the ecological virtues of using a flourescent bulb instead"

                          "5...to point out how difficult it is to change a flourescent light
                          bulb, not to mention if the ballast is faulty"

                          "3...to point out that there are clinics and seminars to learn how to
                          change a flourescent bulb (and ballast for that matter!)..."

                          "2...pointing out that changing a bulb is a matter of focus meditation
                          and there is a zen to it...otherwise you will never have a true
                          relationship with the bulb"

                          "1...to point out that zen is a buch of c@$p and irrelevant and all
                          you need to know is clockwise and counterclockwise"

                          "5...to point out the before-unrealized health dangers of flourescent
                          bulbs and the preference for incandescent bulbs as a 'more Natural
                          form of light' "

                          "4...to agree with the above 5 and to point out incandescent bulbs
                          have been around for 100 years and there is no reason to change...new
                          types of bulbs are just creating built-in obsolescence"

                          "3...to agree with the above 4 & 5 to reinforce that 'simpler is
                          always better'..."

                          "1...to ask if when changing a flourescent, are you looking at the
                          fisture receptacle or the bulb end when determining which is
                          clockwise/counterclockwise?"

                          "1...to point out the energy-saving qualities of the LED bulbs as an
                          alternative"

                          "1...(the same person as above in a P.S.)...anyone using anything less
                          than LED is an irresponsible citizen of the earth and an enemy of the
                          future"

                          "2...to ask,"What is an LED?'..."

                          "36...(middle-aged with fading eyesight)...to point out that LED is an
                          entirely inadequate source of light and won't be around to worry about
                          said @#$% future"

                          "20...including the 17 incandescent proponents, plus 3 more who chime
                          in, that the incandescent is a symbol of National Heritage, embodying
                          freedom for Everyman, whereas flourescents (as developed for
                          factories and office buildings) are tools of exploitive industrialists
                          and LED's are fashionable fixtures for interior designers and other
                          elitists who are out of touch with the general populace...and by the
                          way, probably don't even know how to change a light bulb of any kind!"

                          "5...(the flourescent people above) resenting the industrial comments
                          and proclaiming that anyone who can't learn to change a flourescent
                          bulb must be a hores's a$$ and is living in the stone age!"

                          "4...(the LED person above, plus 3 other lurkers) in a post just short
                          of flaming, proclaim that all the others are spoiling not only our
                          future, but keeping the rest of the world in poverty and creating
                          irreversible climatic damage by refusing to join the New World Order.

                          "2...requesting to be unsubscribed from the group because they don't
                          need to be blamed for the destruction of the world by SOME people"

                          "1...that their horse just swallowed an LED bulb from their string of
                          Christmas lights that they haven't taken down yet and does anyone know
                          if there is any harm or toxic effects?"

                          "3...to suggest calling the vet right away and if there is no equine
                          vet available, trailer the horse to a teaching vet school 4 hours away
                          for surgery"

                          "1...the one above to report that the horse passed the bulb in a poop
                          just after they got the horse in the trailer, but the dog ate the
                          'apple' before owner could retreive it, and did anyone think there
                          would be any harm to the dog?"

                          "1...the dog passed the bulb in a poop (being kept on a tie-out to
                          keep track of dog's eliminations) and did anyone think one could clean
                          the bulb and reuse it in the Christmas lights, as the rest of the
                          string was still good?"

                          "1...the lurker, wanting to know where those seminars/clinics on
                          changing a flourescent were as they couldn't find the message again"

                          TO BE CONTINUED...

                          Margo
                          (whose Windows OS has crashed for the 2nd time in a few months and is
                          struggling with a Linux Live CD)

                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 1 7:58 AM

                            Absolutely!

                            Amy

                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 1 7:59 AM
                              Good ones, Margo!
                              Amy

                              Message 14 of 21 , Feb 1 8:00 AM

                                I was thinking “April”, but Marv does it too.  LOL

                                Amy

                                Message 15 of 21 , Feb 1 8:29 AM
                                  Nice one Margo!:-)

                                  Gordon.

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Feb 1 6:20 PM
                                    I really had to laugh at the last one!

                                    My horse, Cody: "I'm gonna freak out and run around the arena till you prove it won't eat me."

                                    Kathy =^..^=

                                    Kathy Krudwig wrote:

                                    > This recently came across a group I'm on and I thought I'd post it

                                    > here.  It really is true, too.  Always a good laugh!
                                    >
                                    > Kathy =^..^=
                                    >

                                    >     I came across the below info on the "internets". =) In light
                                    of
                                    >     recent events, I thought you all might enjoy this (I made a slight
                                    >     alteration):
                                    >
                                    >     HOW MANY Yahoo Group HORSE OWNERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
                                    >

                                    >     *One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has
                                    >     been changed.
                                    >
                                    >     *Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
                                    >     how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
                                    >
                                    >     *Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
                                    >
                                    >     *Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
                                    >     changing light bulbs.
                                    >
                                    >     *Five to flame the spell checkers.
                                    >
                                    >     *Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.
                                    >
                                    >     *Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or
                                    "light bulb" ...

                                    >     *Another six to condemn those six as stupid.
                                    >
                                    >     *Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the
                                    >     correct spelling.
                                    >
                                    >     *Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to
                                    >     please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.
                                    >
                                    >     *Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use
                                    >     light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.
                                    >
                                    >     *Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
                                    >     superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light
                                    >     bulbs work *best for this technique and what brands are faulty.
                                    >
                                    >     *Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light
                                    >     bulbs.
                                    >
                                    >     *Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post
                                    >     the corrected URL.
                                    >
                                    >     *Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are
                                    >     relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this
                                    >     group.
                                    >
                                    >     *Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
                                    >     including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
                                    >
                                    >     *Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because
                                    >     they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
                                    >
                                    >     *Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time
                                    ago?"

                                    >     *Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before
                                    posting
                                    >     questions about light bulbs"
                                    >
                                    >     *Three to tell a funny story about their horses and a light bulb.
                                    >
                                    >     -AND-
                                    >
                                    >     *One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from
                                    >     now and start it all over again.

                                    <*> Your email settings:
                                        Individual Email | Traditional

                                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                                    <*> To change settings via email:
                                        mailto:MarvWalkerHorses-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                        mailto:MarvWalkerHorses-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  • Kathy Krudwig
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Feb 1 6:21 PM
                                      LOL!!!

                                      Kathy =^..^=

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Feb 1 6:22 PM
                                        I just LOVE your sense of humour!

                                        Kathy =^..^=

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Feb 1 6:25 PM
                                          OK, now I'm crying I'm laughing so hard...

                                          Kathy =^..^=
                                          (who actually thought about the POV of the bulb in the clockwise comments...)

> [...]

                                          would be any harm to the dog?"

                                          "1...the dog passed the bulb in a poop (being kept on a tie-out to
                                          keep track of dog's eliminations) and did anyone think one could clean
                                          the bulb and reuse it in the Christmas lights, as the rest of the
                                          string was still good?"

                                          "1...the lurker, wanting to know where those seminars/clinics on
                                          changing a flourescent were as they couldn't find the message again"

                                          TO BE CONTINUED...

                                          Margo
                                          (whose Windows OS has crashed for the 2nd time in a few months and is
                                          struggling with a Linux Live CD)

                                          On 2/1/09, Gordon <gordonsulley@...> wrote:
                                          > Gotta admit that I like both the old version and this new one, ...-and
                                          with
                                          > my two I keep getting awful visions of them following the power lines and
                                          > 're-designing' the power-station generators as well!!<VBG>

                                        • NANCY NYGAARD
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Feb 1 10:06 PM
                                            LOL...we have all "lost it"...nancy CA

                                                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/MarvWalker Horses/join